Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Page Manager

Comments

• Options
    So I've got a php file that I want to be the content of the new tab I made with Page Manager. I thought I would use the php function 'include' in the Page HTML to reference the file.

Can I use some kind of a relative path instead of coding the entire URL? If so, what does Page Manager think the base path is?

Thank you for your kind attention.
  • Options
    the base path for php executed within a custom page will be the root vanilla directory, as index.php is what's being accessed by the user. (you could've actually determined this yourself by putting something like <?php echo getcwd(); ?> in a page and seeing what it printed)
  • Options
    Thanks much, SirNot ! That is a great tip - I'm a php newbie so these kinds of things are not yet obvious to me.
  • Options
    This is a super nifty extensions. Hours of coding saved :)

Remember, if you're using it with Friendly URLS, you need to add RewriteRule ^page/(.*)$ index.php?Page=$1 [QSA,L] to the .htaccess file that comes with Friendly URLS. (Thanks Satollo)
  • Options
    A few beginner questions # 8
    SirNot, how hard would it be to add "Highlighted Tab" functionality to the PageManager extension? Would be nice to have it there I reckon :)
  • Options
    Uploaded version 2.5 of Page Manager.
  • Options
    What is changed, can't find the release notes
  • Options
    I believe this new version added support to highlight whichever tab was currently selected. It was discussed elsewhere on this board.
  • Options
    I thought it already did that?
    What exactly is meant by "highlight"?

Posted: Saturday, 7 July 2007 at 10:59AM

• Options
    Choose the 'TabOn' CSS class for the selected tab. It didnt seem to do it in all cases.
  • Options
    Haven't tested this yet, but if that's what's been done, thanks SirNot, that's incredibly fast! :)
  • Options
    Hey there, I'm fairly new to building add-ons for Vanilla, and have some noob questions: 1) is there a way to check to see if the Page Manager extension is installed and enabled? 2) is there a way to remotely call/delegate Page Manager's resync functionality? Here's the premise, my extension has a language setting that when changed, will change the tab's name. However, w/ Page Manager installed, I noticed that I had to go PM's setting and hit resync. It would be nice to be able to remotely call that feature and have the tab name change right away. Something else that I did notice was that when I resync'd, my tab (which used to be the 5th item or so) got bumped as the last item? Intended result? Thanks.
  • Options
    You could check whether pagemanager was enabled by looping through the contents of conf/extensions.php and looking for the associated line. As for #2 I'm not sure - presumably you can just call the ReSyncSystemTabs function in the PageManagement class?
  • Options
    [ edit: ignore this post ]
  • Options
    SirNot the highlighted Tab is good, but how can I improve it?
    I decideded that only one tab is for my whole forum:
    http://www.limundo.com/limundocafe/

So when I go to some discussions:
    http://www.limundo.com/limundocafe/discussion/67/aukcija-zavrsena-postojao-je-ponudjas-sad-ga-nema/#Item_1

The Tab "Cafe" is not highlighted.
    Any idea?
  • Options
    It is not highlighted if you click the direct link to it...
    pic

But it is highlighted if you click the TAB itself...
    pic

Posted: Wednesday, 25 July 2007 at 7:48AM

• Options
    Okay... I installed this extension before and it worked (though it was awhile ago), and now I've reinstalled it, and created a new tab. When I try to enter any information at all into my new tab...the changes don't save at all? I originally tried with PHP... when it didn't work, I tried again with HTMl, but still no cigar. The URL is http://ani.infinite9.net/forum/page/downloads :) If anyone could help... that would be wicked.
  • Options
    @wanderer
    I changed the Tab to:
    www.limundo.com/limundocafe/

The idea was, that every folder or file after that, i.e.
    www.limundo.com/limundocafe/discussions...
    would be seen as a highlighted tab.

Unofortunately it did not.

So can I change it in Page Manager, so this idea will work?
  • Options
    I just installed the page manager 2.4.5 (upgrader from 2.4.4 to get the highlite tabs working) and when creating a page and check the "Tab hidden from navigation" box it hides it fine BUT I get the page link in the side panel like this: Page link blablabla.com That wasn't the case with the previous version and simply I don't want any links in the side panel! On other thing, even with folder has 777 permission it still does not save the pages...I still have to do it twice or 3 times to get it to save it. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • Options
    In the default.php file...
    define('PAGE_LIST_LOC', 1); //location on side panel; set to 0 to disable list

Posted: Friday, 3 August 2007 at 10:20AM