Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Page Manager

Comments

• Options
    Yet again, seems that every time I go to my settings page my CustomPages.php goes back to defaults.

Now if it was getting corrupted or re-written I could blame another extension but it goes back to the default setup.

Still very annoying, you still around SirNot?
  • Options
    It should save page info to the db (like the attachments 1 to 2 transition)
  • Options
    Oh I don't like that idea!

I have a script that with one click uploads a backup copy of my CustomPages.php file to the server and my many custom pages work again.

Not sure what I'd do if it was in the db and it got screwed.
  • Options
    That way it may not get messed up at all in the first place...
  • Options
    Great extension, thanks, BUT I TIRED AS TRANSLATOR TO CHANGE $Context->Dictionary to $Context->SetDefinition in default.php's.... Again and again :( Use right coding rules PLEASE!!! You set def (dict) as 'PageManagement' and get it as 'Page Management'. Check this...
  • Options
    My problem is with the "Page Links" section in the sidepanel. I've found two previous reports of this being a problem (included below), but as far as I can tell from the relevant posts, the only way to remove this unwanted section is to edit a file. Urgh. I don't want to edit a file, & then have to remember to edit it again & again whenever anything changes. What I would like would be to just switch it off in the interface. It isn't documented AFAIK, so I don't even know why it's there. I wouldn't MIND it's being there, except that it only displays pages that are linked to from other pages (it doesn't display pages that have tabs but which aren't referred to in other pages). It would be great if it either showed no links at all, OR all of the pages; the current situation - with it showing ONLY the pages which don't have tabs - is the worst possible. [Previous Posts:] garvin (Apr 14th 2007): Ok. New problem : ) Now, in my sidepanel appears a new section called "Page Links." That's not where I want to put it. How can I remove this? EDIT // Found the area in the default.php. Awesome extension! sjeeps (Aug 2nd 2007): I just installed the page manager 2.4.5 (upgrader from 2.4.4 to get the highlite tabs working) and when creating a page and check the "Tab hidden from navigation" box it hides it fine BUT I get the page link in the side panel like this: Page link blablabla.com That wasn't the case with the previous version and simply I don't want any links in the side panel! Wanderer (Aug 2nd 2007): In the default.php file... define('PAGE_LIST_LOC', 1); //location on side panel; set to 0 to disable list
  • Options
    My problem with this extension is that every time I modify the tabs, it blows away all of my settings and reverts to the default CustomPages.php file with the default settings.

I suspect it's changing the permissions perhaps?

Posted: Wednesday, 4 June 2008 at 6:44PM

• Options
    It does sound like a permissions problem - as if you don't have permission to write changes. If this was an issue with the extension itself, I think more people would be screaming. Permissions solve everything, apparently! It would be nice, though, if someone who knew what they were talking about (i.e., someone other than me) would take a moment to tell you this. Or answer any of MY extension problems! There's being patient waiting for an answer, & then there's the realisation that no-one can be bothered to answer a genuine problem that seems too trivial to spend time on. A trivial problem can still be genuine. Anyway, I hope you can find what's causing your default reversion. I know nothing, but suggest you do look at all your permissions - & maybe check with your provider about how they're set, in case they override them somehow…
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    If anyone wants to change the default page of your forum, use the extension called DefaultPage

For example, if you have created a tab using the PageManager extension called "Home" which you now want to be the home page of your site instead "Discussions".

These two extensions work very well together in Vanilla 1.1.4
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Quick question, can PageManager accomodate pagination? For example, I created a page where I post youtube videos (embedded) but this could be applied to other content as well...I want to fit a certain number of videos/content before it continues to page 2, 3, etc. Is this possible through the extension or some sort of html without creating another physical tab?
  • Options
    When Page Manager is activated the tabs from other Add-Ins disappear e.g. Members, Inbox, News Blog. Any fix?
  • Options
    is there any new updates of this add-on?
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    It works great with the latest version of Vanilla, what do you need an update for?
  • Options
    I received the following error when enabled the Page Manager:

PAGEMANAGER ERROR: An error occured in attempting to save your tabs. Please check that your file permissions are correct and verify that PageManager::CustomPageFile (./extensions/PageMng/CustomPages.php) is a valid file name.

It did show up in the options to manage, however no changes are applied when saved.

I tried to look-up for the missing file "CustomPages.php" in the download of the Page-Manager, but did not find any.

Please help.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Did you check your file permissions? This would be done through your ftp software
  • Options
    What do i set the permission to?
  • Options
    TIP: How to add "spacers" between tabs

Someone in this thread suggested there should be an option for inserting "spacers".

Thought I'd share my little trick:
    0. Install Page Manager
    1. Define a new tab
    2. Tab Name (required): enter a "space-based" name, i.e. a combination of actual space and   (non-breaking space) entity.
    Note that HTML collapses multiple consecutive spaces into one, so for the max. spacing you should alternate, e.g.               3. Tab Identifier: give it a unique name, e.g. spacer14. Tab Attributes: enter this to hide CSS background/borders: style="background-color:transparent;border-color: transparent;"5. Tab URL: enter a 'HASH/POUND' character:#Save your new spacer "page", drag to desired location in the page order.

Hope this is useful to someone else too. How this works: the spaces in the name don't show up (duh), the added style attributes hide background & border colors, the Tab URL '#' is an empty in-page anchor, going nowhere.
  • Options
    Just a typo:

line 476 of default.php:
    $PageMng->Roles[] = array('ID' => 0, 'Name' => $this->Context->GetDefinition('Unathenticated'));
    should be:
    $PageMng->Roles[] = array('ID' => 0, 'Name' => $this->Context->GetDefinition('Unauthenticated'));
  • Options
    Sort of a cross-post, but I thought it could be useful. TIP: ISSUES WITH PAGE MANAGER & NUGGETS (my two favorite add-ons) I've just spent 4 hours trying to figure out why some pages created in page manager did not show up in the list of pages where nuggets are allowed. The reason turned out to be simple: Nuggets only loops over the VISIBLE TABS. So... if you HIDE a page from the tabs in page manager, it will not show up in the page list in the nuggets extension. So... to set the pages where a particular nugget appears, first SHOW all hidden pages in page manager, set the nugget permissions, and then you may HIDE the pages again in page manager. Ideally the nuggets add-on would be changed to loop over all pages created in page manager, not just the tab set.
  • Options
    I have a real problem with this mod, though I like and need it. Basically, on my domain I have a folder containing a Vanilla forum. It's pointed to by a subdomain, and all seemed fine until I installed various extensions. When I enabled them, clicking the context or discussion tab dumped my browser back into the root domain and lost the forum URL. Turns out Page Manager is doing it. I use it with Default Page, but turning that on alone doesn't cause this behaviour. Help..?! [edit] I'd be perfectly happy to manually set Categories as my default page. Does anyone know which file(s) to modify to do this? Also, I have checked conf/settings.php, and there's no problem with the paths. Just tried editing index.php to make it load Categories first rather than Discussions, but it failed (or I did). [edit] Never mind. I found tons of other posts and info, but nothing seems to work properly. Hopefully v2 will let users order things as they wish..?