Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Issue Tracker

Comments

• Options
    FYI, my issue filter gets stuck... The "all projects" option resets to the last project assigned... When I delete cookies "all projects" works again until I add another issue.
    (otherwise this is great!)
  • Options
    this would be great if you could assign it to a single category on a normall vanilla discussion board! :)
  • Options
    @Chris > That's what I was thinking.
  • Options
    Ditto/agree on the category thing (Chris & Garv).

Silly request perhaps, but I'd like add a status option 'review', so I can assign tasks to others in the team for review (right now I'm abusing 'on hold')
  • Options
    Agreed.

I can definitely see a use for the review option as the issues build up as I would be the only one at this point confirming that an issue would truly be resolved.

Another feature that would be good would be to somehow incorporate an assignment to a roll instead of just a user.

I'm not sure if this would be accomplished by adding the feature to the issue tracker or as a separate extension that would create roles as user groups.

If it's too crazy to implement, I guess I could always create a user for each role and assign accordingly. Would be nice then to have an extension to add multiple email accounts per user so I could have an entire user group notified when the group has been assigned a new issue to resolve.

Man I wish I was better at coding.
  • Options
    Would also be cool to be able to set deadlines. Like a due date. The priority is good but it's always good to follow the triangle of progress. What, When, How Much.
  • Options
    I modified my version manually so only users with the Developer role could be assigned tasks (by using a permission), so that is doable. I would suggest adding a permission (can be assigned tasks) as the best way to do this.

I think review is a good option to have. Developers can after they have resolved an issue either put it as "Resolved" or "Review", depending on whether he/she is unsure if the bug is completely resolved. Or this could be a per project setting where all issues go to the "Review" status and then a supervisor would set it as resolved after testing.

I misunderstood the Review status as first which leads me to suggest an additional status "Submitted". All Issues submitted gets this status assigned as default. Then a developer or supervisor (or whoever with an appropriate role and permission) can move it to "Active". This way submitters cant clog up the system with redundant issues without supervision. And there wont be situations where a developer grabs an issue from the tracker and resolves it when in fact if it had gone through a supervisor he would have thrown the issue out (for whatever reason).
  • Options
    Just installed this. When I created a test issue, the issue title text was over the blue button. Did I do something wrong here?
  • Options
    I've just installed both Vanilla and this extension and I've been tinkering a bit, and it looks really good, but now I have some issues:

1) the blue button, same as techmate. How can we get rid of it in the default vanilla theme?

2) I've removed both ampersands from the above line in default.php, as instructed by Krak. Removing only the first one didn't do the trick. Also, I've had to remove another ampersand from line 14 in IssueTracker/library/Control.IssueFilter.php, as it was throwing a warning.
    From "$this->Control(&$Context);" to "$this->Control($Context);"

3) Is there a way to assign users to a project so that they cannot see other projects? I hope so, but I haven't been able to find a way. (Still looking, though...)
  • Options
    Techmate & Jordi:

You have to install the delbat style and basecamp theme to fix your text over blue button problem.

Jordi:

Re: #3:

I think what you are asking is can you have issues not visible by anyone until you assign them. To which MY response would be no, but you can organize your categories (projects) and set the permissions to them so certain users can see certain projects. Hope that made sense.
  • Options
    jordi number 3: i think we are talking plain old categories (or projects in this case) can have roles assigned to them. Check under categories (projects) in the settings tab..
  • Options
    Letsfilm: thanks. That worked just fine. Nice.
  • Options
    Thank you, Letsfilm, Mr Do, that makes sense.
  • Options
    maybe my request for this to replace a single category on an existing forum was a little premature, after playing with this for a while. however - would it be possible to have it run on a subdomain of an existing forum, and combine the databases? maybe by using a prefix for the issues and comments tables, etc. and sharing the user tables so that users don't need to sign up / log in again? just a thought... :)
  • Options
    hey, I must say that I like this very much. Lightweight, but more than adequate for many applications where you don't need a full-blown project management app. Kudos to Jazzman. I have it working now, more or less (in Spanish, I'm translating the interface step by step), and I've found an issue: when it first loads, the issues page shows a list with all the issues from different projects. After that, however, when I select a project in the filter above, the option for "All projects" does not work, meaning it does not show the full list, but only the list of issues for the last project shown. Has anybody had this experience, or maybe is it due to my messing with the lang strings?
  • Options
    Jordi, had the same problem, but manually cleared cookies, re-installed delbat theme and style and now it seems to have gone away.
  • Options
    Just installed, great extension!

I only have one "issue".

I don't believe in "issues". Everything boils down to required actions, even where issues are concerned.

Semantics I know, but how can I do a "global replace" so all "Issue" labels become "Action" labels?

Thx. in advance,

Lars
  • Options
    TomTester: Thanks, I'll try this. TotalBalance: I would try to edit extensions/IssueTracker/language.php, it's where "discussions" become "issues", so they could become "actions" instead.
  • Options
    Thx. jordi. Will try it.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've been using this extension quite a bit for a client and I've found/fixed a number of bugs in it. Jazzy - do you want me to email you the changes?