Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Low-Cal Vanilla

Comments

• Uploaded version 0.3.1 of Low-Cal Vanilla.
  • It can now serves minified and compressed css files.

For your extension, if you want your css and js files to be served compressed, you just need to add the compressed version in the same folder. eg:MyExtension/myextension.css MyExtension/myextension.js MyExtension/myextension.css.gz MyExtension/myextension.js.gz

To compress your css or js files, you should use something like YUI compressor to minify your files and then gunzip or an other zip program to create the gzip file.

Require Vanilla 1.1.3.rc1:
    The packed js and css files are from 1.1.3.rc1. If you want to use it with other version of vanilla you have to minify and compress them yourself.
  • Uploaded version 0.3.2 of Low-Cal Vanilla.
  • Version 0.3.2, pack the 4 core js files into one.

Require Vanilla 1.1.3.rc1:
    The packed js and css files are from 1.1.3.rc1. If you want to use it with other version of vanilla you have to minify and compress them yourself.
  • I've been testing this add-on and so far it's way much better than "Vanilla Packer", are you still going to include a packer for the css and js files in 0.4.0?
  • Oops... the version number is wrong, it needs to be changed from:
    Version: ${TODAY}
    To:
    Version: 0.3.2
  • One more thing, when going to Settings >> Categories or Settings >> Roles & Permissions I get these errors:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\AppServ\www\Vanilla113rc1\themes\head.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in C:\AppServ\www\Vanilla113rc1\themes\head.php on line 26

And looking at the page source:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Vanilla113rc1/extensions/LowCalVanilla/ compressor.php?uri=extensions/LowCalVanilla/js/vanilla-packed.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src=""></script> <script type="text/javascript" src=""></script>

*Edit:
    Same error in comments and post page too.
  • Uploaded version 0.3.2 of Low-Cal Vanilla.
  • Nasty error -

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/content/forum/themes/head.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/content/forum/themes/head.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/content/forum/themes/head.php on line 26

And this is throughout the site - after uploading.
  • Uploaded version 0.3.3 of Low-Cal Vanilla.
  • Version 0.3.3 fix the bug mentioned in the 2 previous comments.

@sjeeps: the packer will work like Vanilla Packer except that it won't use the scripts added with $Head->Addscript or the style sheets added with $Head->AddstyleSheet.
    Instead, extension developer with have to add the script to the Head::Scripts or to the list file the packer with serve. Also it won't minify them I leave that to the extension authors.
  • Uploaded version 0.3.4 of Low-Cal Vanilla.
  • Uploaded version 0.3.3 of Low-Cal Vanilla.
  • This looks alot more complicated than the first release :|.
  • I disagree with you Vaz :), it's more simplified than the first release since now you can have all the 4 core js files packed in only one and it would be even better if all js and css packed in one single or two files.

Now, what's new in 0.3.3 or 0.3.4?
  • Nothing, something - the part that check that prototype is loaded -was missing from the scriptaculous package.

But I have a problem now with gunzip version of prototype. It seem corrupted. To fix it you just need to delete prototype.js.gz - it will serve the non-compressed one. You can compress it yourself if you want to serve it compressed.

The problem comes from the way It load the gz files.
  • Uploaded version 0.3.5 of Low-Cal Vanilla.
  • Sorry my very bad english.
    I see bug.
    Use Low-Cal del email from profile page.
    See this.
    Bug compressed Java script?
  • Are you using vanilla 1.1.3.rc1?

The account page is the page that won't work on Vanilla 1.1.2 with the js files from 1.1.3.
  • My Vanilla instalation is 1.1.2