Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Swell

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    static pages would rule :)
  • Options
    static pages with subpages that can be arranged by weight would rock.
  • Options
    "arranged by weight"?
  • Options
    yeah. you give each page a value from, say, -10 to 10, and in lists the lower the number, the higher it is in the list, and the larger the number, the lower. (Low numbers float up, etc.) This way, you're lists of static pages aren't confined to just alphabetical or date.
  • Options
    Ahh. I thought you were suggesting some sort of Tag Cloud thing.
  • Options
    Am I repeating myself or what? No matter what you do Mark, tackle the most common issues of blogging tools and CMS alike, bad navigation and static pages, remember, the content in static pages might be something more than just text and a picture or two. Maybe I should pick up the php bible and start cracking some extensions to bring that puppy around AND RULE THE WORLD!
  • Options
    Very much looking forward to how Swell it will be! Bones I like to pick with blogs: - Permalink (How cute! A curly link!) - Archive navigation - Not using tags A better solution to permalink I belive can be found in redirects. A user (or search engine) should be redirected to a URL for that time period. New posts move the redirect. Who likes calendar based archives? I don't even click on them anymore because I hate pogosticking to figure out what day I am on. Digg and Slashdot will occasionally find me in the older pages. Tags rock. Let them rock in archives also.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    "A better solution to permalink I belive can be found in redirects. A user (or search engine) should be redirected to a URL for that time period. New posts move the redirect."

Huh?

"Who likes calendar based archives? I don't even click on them anymore because I hate pogosticking to figure out what day I am on. "

Heck yes! The post date is minor metadata; centering the navigation around it is idiotic.
  • Options
    Very cool.. I'm glad you used tags there, I'm definitely going to give it a go when it's released. Possibly even base my new site around it.
  • Options
    The fact that it'll link in with Vanilla is a major selling point.

I'm hoping for archive a bit like those on binarybonsai.
  • Options
    You didn't accept my multi line comment test :(.
  • Options
    Once again, awesome work, Mark! I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll definitely like to see the crossover compatability between Swell and Vanilla! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    c-unit - there was a bug with multi-line comments. It's fixed now, but I had deleted your comment in the testing. sorry :)
  • Options
    Lussumo will become a great thing in the future, that I'm sure of. There can already be seen a great deal of progress towards the inevitable, the community contributes in alot of ways to the already growing software base and I just can't see it slowing down. Most groups focus towards one thing, like one forum software, or cms software and such. But Lussumo is offering everything. Or atleast alot if not everything. It is nice to see a community like this, and I'm proud to be a part of it. Maybe some day I will contribute something to this community, atleast something to do with graphics if not anything else.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited January 2006
    /me can't wait for this to be released :-D just hope it will be soon as i'm also eying up wordpress 2.0 for my new blog. however if the folks round here will be writing as many extensions for swell as they have for vanilla it could be a wordpress beater...
  • Options
    "Maybe some day I will contribute something to this community, atleast something to do with graphics if not anything else."

Is it time to start the "make Mark some better logos" thread?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You don't like the logos?
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited January 2006

Hicksy sure doesn't like his any more

(I'm still diggin your leaf tho. Not so keen on the butterfly)

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited January 2006
    hahahaha - people are so silly.

for the record, I didn't design either of those logos. They were both created by my good friend sugati (who's site is long overdue for a redesign).

He's currently trying to come up with something for swell, as well.
This discussion has been closed.