Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Swell

124»

Comments

• Options
    Actually, the body of the post can be the same. I want a different header background and a particular graphic with the name of the section. And, maybe a different background color or link color or somesuch. And adding div classes to each page gets a little cumbersom. So if Swell can do this (and Mark can help me :) I can wait a couple months for this. (Or whenever I can get ahold of an alpha copy!)
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited January 2006
    Sorry I didn't explain that very well, was something I read in a css book... if you assign a different class to the body of the pages you want to style differently, you can control the header background or background colours or whatever without having to add any extra div classes to your pages.

So if you had your 2 sections set up to include something like this:

<body class="redsection"> <h1>Red Section</h1>

and

<body class="bluesection"> <h1>Blue Section</h1>

you could style their contents using minimal changes to your css, and no extra markup on your divs etc....

body.redsection h1 { color: red; } body.bluesection h1 { color: blue; }

Then you would just need a Swell extension to automate this?
  • Options
    3, we're both saying the same thing, just coming at it differently. We both understand what I desire: Each "section" having a different look. In the CMS world right now, there's not a lot of systems that can do this, or at least do this 'pretty easily.' Textpattern comes the closest, with its built in Sections system. You create a section, and then create the templates. Wordpress can do this by using its is_single tag (or somesuch.) Drupal 4.7 can't do this with freetagging/pathauto/sections. (those three just don't play well together.) Other systems can do this with 'multiblog' like Nucleus and blog:cms, but it's not too intuitive and getting all (or most) of the posts on a front page takes some configuration. So if swell can do this, it'll probably set a trend. :)
This discussion has been closed.