Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Swell

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2006
    swell, as well

Mark are you trying to confuse my brain, or do you rhyme naturally?

Sorry, I'm sick...

Oh and had to add, the leaf logo had been popular for many decades, it has been used in various forms for ages. But if someone can design a new logo and set completely new direction it is the allmighty Jon Hicks.
  • Options
    So Mark, how about some screenshots of the admin side of things, pretty please?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    3stripe: sorry, not yet.
  • Options
    No worries dude! Ok another question then, will Swell have any facility for handling of multiple image upload/inclusion? (Filebrowser stylee galleries?)
  • Options
    I don't see why you couldn't just link to a working filebrowser folder...
  • Options
    Perhaps he doesnt want to? Unless you were talking to 3stripe - in which case i suspect filebrowser will integrate with swell quite nicely (though i believe it doesnt run on the framework? yet?) - but i suspect the main aim of 3stripes question was the uploading rather than the viewing.
  • Options
    I only mention this because my only experience of images with other blogging software (namely the big WP) has been very poor, with no out-of-the-box options for easily uploading images, or adding more than one at a time into a post. A lot of folks seem to run blogs that are closer to photoblogs than writing blogs so I just wondered if Filebrowser could be hooked up via an extension somehow to facilitate this... a link to a filebrowser folder would not be as nice as an actual set of thumbnails inside the post!
  • Options
    Actually mark, i might have a very interesting proposition for you on this one. I'll hook you up when i get home tonight.
  • Options
    needs more gibbon.
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    if you don't know, you'll never know is the best way to describe it 3stripe
  • Options
    really?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I have no plans on integrating with the filebrowser. The filebrowser is a standalone app.

There are no plans on making Swell have any upload capabilities of any kind.

However, I am planning on making an extension to do all kinds of fancy uploading. And another extension for browsing uploaded files/images.

I just don't think you guys are "getting" the whole extension idea yet. I make the salad, and you guys add the dressing.
  • Options
    Mark, I think that once you have your featurelist or 'roadmap' where you have "Things in Core" and "Extensions" people will understand better. (CORE is just the basic stuff that makes the blog thingy work. Extensions are the cool stuff that makes the blog thingy extra cool.)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    True enough.
  • Options
    Mark, can I put mushrooms in my salad?
  • Options
    MUSHROOM EXTENSION
  • Options
    Mark, I'm currently re-doing one of my sites in wordpress mainly because it's one of two systems that can do what I want it to do. I'm pretty sure this isn't what you have in mind for Swell, but I thought I'd ask if you think it would be easy to come up with an extension for this. Basically, it's a Sections system. What I want is to assign each blog post to a section, and have a different theme for the single post page. So a post in the "Journal" section would pull a different theme than a post in the "Photoblog" section. Or, just by using tags, say that if a post has the tag "Journal", use X theme, regardless of other tags, and if a post has 'Photoblog" tag, use Y theme. (Or course, this can get complicated if a post is both, so it would need to pull one theme.) Thoughts about this?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That wouldn't be very hard to do at all.
  • Options
    Could you just assign a different class to the <body> of the different posts, and then setup your css to style up the pages depending on what class they were assigned?
This discussion has been closed.