Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Major Quotations extension update

Comments

• Options
    Crypt: Redownload it.
  • Options
    still getting the same error
  • Options
    OK, new idea:

by clicking on the "quote"-Button browser should go down to the text-field...
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    It could do that, but I'd be a little worried that it would be dislocating and annoy anyone who wanted to quote multiple people.

I think all that would be necessary would be to add

href="#pgbottom"
    to the quote link
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    leave it as a user option then? (i've been suggesting this a ton lately, but it makes sense) :P
  • Options
    yeah, ok. user should decide ;)
  • Options
    If by "user option" you mean "user can change the code if they feel like it" then yes, that's what it is :D
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    hehe, I meant more like have an optional checkbox in account settings, but whatever :D
  • Options
    if checkbox is doable, it's better ;)
  • Options
    I don't suppose there is a way to quote a post from other than the last page (where the comment box is displayed). :)
  • Options
    Not yet. This is in discussion elsewhere at the moment.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks.
  • Options
    TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
    I've been playing around with this extension along with the better bbcode extension and the signatures extension and I've come to a little problem that I cant seem to fix. If someone has a signature it also gets quoted, Is there somehow I could replace the "[span class=CommentSignature]persons signature[/span]" with nothing? Also, If someone did the [color=red]red text[/color] and then got quoted it would quote like this within the comment box -- [span style=color: red;]red text[/span] would there be a way to get that to go the correct bbcodes for it? or maybe just strip out the [span] bbcodes there?
  • Options
    a question:

if i press the quote button, should the page jump to the last page an quote the comment!? or work the extension only on the last page?
  • Options
    Any plans for this to ignore attachments?
  • Options
    I'd love to see the text 'quote' be translatable. ;)
  • Options
    Still have some problems using the quote function. After clicking on "quote" the text appears in my text box wrapped up in < blockquote > and < cite > tags. Unfortunately, after sending my comment, the tags are not interpreted. The code shows up like : <blockquote><cite>Posted By: ans so on. Any suggestions ?
  • Options
    @Ignicoccus
    Did you check the "html" option under the comment textearea?
  • Options
    @Max_B I don't have a "html" option under the comment textarea in my installation. Do I have to switch this on somewhere ?
  • Options
    Would it be possible for the script to select the HTML button automatically?