Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Major Quotations extension update

12346»

Comments

• Options
    This extension requires HTML Formatter to work properly, correct? If so, two questions -Why isn't this mentionned somewhere? As a Vanilla noob, this would've saved me about an hour. -When pressing the quote button, why isn't the mode automatically switched to HTML?
  • Options
    I certainly like the second thing you mention as that really does make sense. I hadn't twigged that myself as I'm now using the AJAXQuote extension instead. I wonder if that does that as well...
  • Options
    The author of the extension can include this by default, and any users put this in their installations.
    --- quote_old.js 2006-08-24 19:47:07.000000000 -0500 +++ quote.js 2007-01-19 20:27:32.000000000 -0600 @@ -25,6 +25,12 @@ commentField.value += tagCloseCite; commentField.value += commentText; commentField.value += tagCloseQuote; + + //switch to HTML mode if we're using HTMLFormatter + var htmlFormat = document.getElementById("Radio_Html"); + if (htmlFormat) { + htmlFormat.checked = "checked"; + } commentField.focus(); }
  • Options
    I'm getting a situation like this with this extension? Unless I've missed it in this thread, how do I get rid of the [p] tags? http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/vertiblog/quotes.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like you're using a BBCode formatter that doesn't recognise [p] tags? IIRC BetterBBCode doesn't...
  • Options
    @ Bergamot: First, I'd like to thank you for writing such a useful extension. It's great, it really is, and if you've been weaned on board software that has quoting as a default function, it's kind of difficult to lose. If the board is HTML or BBCode, this extension is a must. I was, however, wondering if you could make a Markdown port as well. As it is now, my Vanilla's quoting system is broken because of my refusal to have HTML/BBCode functionality and instead use Markdown (it's so attractive in a way, isn't it?). Right now I'm improvising by using WallPhone's Comment Links and telling people to use the Markdown syntax for specific quotations in conjunction with the (excellent) styles in your extension, but I'm sure people would be a lot happier if there was an easier alternative. Is there a possibility of an easier alternative, a Markdown-compatible Quotations?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    this shouldn't be hard at all
    whats the markdown syntax for blockquotes

let me try it with Ajaxquote I'm more familiar with that one
  • Options
    Markdown syntax is just like email: > This is a quote that's hard-wrapped by > the author. Blah blah blah, everyone's > happy when using this. > A line can also be preceeded by a single greater-than symbol and is then soft-wrapped by the page, if one is so inclined. This is for lazy people (much like myself). I think the underlying problem here is that if the quoted post has more than one paragraph, things start getting messy.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    You know, quoting would be an interesting use case for CommentLinks.

Copy a post to the clibpboard pre-formatted as whatever formatters you have... or is that something better left to a separate extension?

P.S. Markdown's blockquotes are indicated by "> " characters either at the beginning of every line or just simply at the first paragraph.
  • Options
    I've been using it in the 4chan form of quoting: "here's the reference post, go look at HIM" For that, it works very well, and then it's always possible to highlight certain parts of the post using regular Markdown and copy/paste.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    In ajaxquote this will work
    ajaxquote_insert('>'+ request.responseText.replace(/\n/g,">"),'');
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    -- wrong topic, my bad --
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i am getting a weird issue. maybe it's something simple and i am just dumb ;p
    when users are hitting quote on my forums the resulting code added completely breaks to:

<blockquote><cite>

removing the html formatting and replacing the < > with ascii i guess.
    anyone have any ideas?

thank you/