HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

vrijvlinder

SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder I just wanted tell you this, ITS AMAZING.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

Thanks ! I like it too, since the base plugin for this was peregrine's ExtraPage plugin he deserves the credit for it more than I do really. I made this for myself then thought to share it with anyone who wanted it. ExtraPage was the blueprint and I just ran with it and made more pages for different purposes.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder said:
    Thanks ! I like it too, since the base plugin for this was peregrine's ExtraPage plugin he deserves the credit for it more than I do really. I made this for myself then thought to share it with anyone who wanted it. ExtraPage was the blueprint and I just ran with it and made more pages for different purposes.

I do the same with websites, if I can re-use I shall no point of going through a struggle to make the same what is already there.

edited April 2013

ExtraPage was my training wheels for plugin development . Still is lol !!

I made some extra mods to VChat namely I replaced the text link with an icon because I have an icon array on the menu because I am crazy, but if you want to do that I can give the code I used.

• If I had didn't have such slow speed connection (low bandwidth). this would be one of my choices. Nice creative plugin from the looks of it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Thanks P , means a lot coming from you, my mentor  . ••. ¸♥¸. ••. ¸♥

I am not sure that it uses that much bandwidth, it works on the mobile too but on iPhone only by using PHOTON browser for iPhone. Since it is a flash object after all. But the connection speed would hinder the sync of audio and video the same as it does with Skype and the others :(

There are there video api that I liked one was sight speed but I think they started charging or something and disappeared. I shall look for them again. I would like to make it like a conference room type video chatroom.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I have the lowest bandwidth known to mankind, it's not your plugin.

remember 2400 bps modems, mines only slightly better :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I have the lowest bandwidth known to mankind

still using 1925–30's ; band2 + width eh?

I found this interesting article about higher bandwidth does not help latency very much.

• Amazon found every 100 milliseconds of latency cost them 1% in sales.

http://blog.equinix.com/2013/03/infographic-optimising-enterprise-application-performance/

• Hi Bros! Do you know sifonr.com?? is a brand free P2P comunication flash tool like TinyChat, works well and has a lot of settings to reduce bandwidth.

Another great tools like mashme.tv are running tokbox.com, in spain a similiar project is Lynckia

I will have to check those out thank you ! I know someone who will like the bandwidth reduction for sure ;)

• lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

@MiguelBrogrammer: I'm currently working on a p2p video based app: you save me days of internet research. Thank you!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder said:
    I will have to check those out thank you ! I know someone who will like the bandwidth reduction for sure ;)

Oh come Dont hurt his feelings.

• where are you based @peregrine an island?

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

where are you based @peregrine an island?

Yes, two islands actually. One island is The island of not enough income to pay for high bandwidth. I was hoping donations for plugins would improve that, but you know how that goes (far and few between - perhaps 9 generous souls) :).

@x00 please try to be a bit more understanding , just because a system is old and bandwidth limited does not seem to stop his amazing creativity, data is data no matter how you access it no ? ;)

• The reason for asking is it must be quite expensive.

grep is your friend.

The island of not enough income to pay for high bandwidth.

I will be sending some your way in a couple weeks when I come into some.

(The bank job should yield something good so long as we don't get busted...lol ) did I say that out loud ? / oops

The reason for asking is it must be quite expensive.

Yea try over 100 dollars a month.

• eeek!

grep is your friend.

edited April 2013

@x00
    I believe once you have a plan and pay, that you should be able to access the net from anywhere without having to pay again, with a cell phone, or any other device. It should be a public access once you subscribe. But like tv , people are getting charged to watch free tv on their sat or cable.

Not what the founding fathers of the internet had in mind.

Isn't advertiser money enough?

I understand the need to monetize for a startup company. Many give the service for free in the hopes that they will create dependency and when they decide it is time to charge for the service people will not bail out.

Many of those companies go down the drain and get obtained by larger companies. I found out that SightSpeed a really great video conferencing and video message and email service was obtained by Logitec. Makes sense that a Web Cam maker get a vessel for their product no ? NO

I believe it is a mistake to think that pairing up a stand alone api service with a web cam maker, it is suicide. No room to grow. And it just fades away like windows messenger and others who made the mistake of selling out.

I was happy to pay for the license to use SightSpeed. But that and paying an extra 40 buck or more a month for the service is extreme. They created a niche for flash based chats, like this tiny chat.

I suppose where there is stagnation, elsewhere there is progress. I can't wait to see @lifeisfoo's p2p api.