Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum Statistics 0.2

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2006
    Would anyone be able to help me out here and provide a good list of future statistics that they would like on their site, or just have a good idea The current list for wanted/advised statistics/options are as follows: Personal User Details Statistic Biggest/Smallest Threads Statistic User Level Prevention Top Records - half way done
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I suppose if you really wanted, you could display most/least ammount of whispers sent, number of searches saved and a whole crapload of other stuff if you really wanted. Pretty neat extension.
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    How do you save searches again I can't find the option on my board, but can't find an extension for it either! Sorry to go off topic. I really like the idea of a stats thing though, any idea how much bandwidth it'd use tho?
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    well, logically it shouldn't use any bandwidth, only speed, unless your getting information from a remote server, which would be very little. I'll be adding a future soon that'll say if a statistic might slow it down or not, kinda like a warning system
  • Options
    You can add futures? Make mine a good'un!
  • Options
    Nice extension. Is it possible to put these stats on another page seperate to the forum? I hope to intergrate my website with Vanilla once v1 is released, and this would be great to have on my site.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    blizeH, first you have to actually do an actual search before you can define and save it. After doing a search, you should see anothing field above and to the right of all the results and below the initial search field which (should be colored or something) and it's button says "save search", holy crap that was easy :)
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    hi! nice extension, but i get this error by clicking on discussions

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /homepages/15/d83103864/htdocs/xxx.de/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 80

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/15/d83103864/htdocs/xxx.de/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 82
    can you help me?

Edit:

Oh ... sorry, i dont read the previos posts. is there a fix?
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    i think that error was fixed, but if the newst version doesn't work, please alert me Chimara, now that think about it, all it would probably need is the changing of one line, and adding 3 more lines at the top, and then it would probably be able to be placed anywhere as long as the other settings are still included, which may slow your site down a little bit but it'll definitely be ablt to be done
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    hey vincent, I figured I'd toss this out there as a suggestion for the next version of this for those who are concerned about html validation: Cap you breaks, buy this I mean, all the br tags the script is spitting out aren't "closed", quick search & replace should fix it up. <br> to <br />
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    aargh!! sorry guys, i left some testing echos on the current version... :$ EDIT:// This is now fixed and a notice has now been put up on the add-on page...
  • Options
    also it only worked for me when i 777 chmod the options.inc thing otherwise i got errors at the top of the page. Is this a problem/ issue i should mind.
  • Options
    thanks Immersion, i'll add a chmod thing so that it changes the file to 0755 so it will hopefully not have any major errors like that
  • Options
    that will be good
  • Options
    Just out of interest where does it calculate the number of unique guests from?
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Yeah, I was wondering that too! Apparently we've had 23,234 which ims seems quite impressive.

Im not saying I'd want it built into this extension, because it'd look dire on the front page, but is there anyway at all to view the top 10 posters or whatever?
  • Options
    thx vincent for the support! but ... here is a real problem... i cant hide posts wenn i activate the extension ... ?
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    I had the same problem mate, you need to download the latest version of ajax_init.php and replace it.
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Well, since vanilla records all the ip addresses that come to the site, i thought that i might take advantage of that and i'd use that as the uniques guests.
  • Options
    where can i get the news version of ajax_init.php
This discussion has been closed.