Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum Statistics 0.2

Comments

• Options
    So are you counting every record in that table or just each ip? Cause 23k for blizehs forum seems a tad high (according to my server stats he's only had ~1200 unique visitors and even that seems a little high)
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    That allows for all of the visitors we've had in the old hosting as well though, and back in the day it was a pretty popular site.

Is there anything particularly server killing in there? The fact it has to count every IP in the database each time it loads in particular sounds a little worrying, let me know if there's anything that needs disabling and I'll do so.
  • Options
    okey ... i found the init_ajax.php ... the error is gone, i can hide posts now. the "failed to modify"-error is gone too. thanks for help!!!
  • Options
    well here's the sql i use for the iphistory, so this is what the whole thing gives you: SELECT count(LUM_IpHistory.IpHistoryID) AS iphistorys FROM `LUM_IpHistory` WHERE LUM_IpHistory.UserID = 0; o, and i'll give a make a top 10 (ish) demo on my site to see what you think of it ;)
  • Options
    Does it blizeh? How long have you been using vanilla? That information wouldnt have been migrated from your old board software. And yeah vincent, doesnt the iphistory table contain a lot of duplicate records? I've not looked at it myself.
  • Options
    I'll have a look at that now and see if i can make a good sql for this. If you've got a better solution for this sql please say.
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Oh, it wouldn't be migrated? Well then yeah, there must be an error somewhere!
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    If you've done a sql dump or migrated the database from one installation of vanilla to another, all the recorded user history travels along with it. Not really so much as "guests" or random visitors, but logins have their IPs recorded if the admin sets it, thus storing it. However, under vanilla, one of the routines while listing all the IPs used, quickly shows N number of times under that IP instead of spitting out a bunch of the same info.
  • Options
    Yeah but not from other forum software is what i'm saying lech. I'm not sure how long blizeh has been running vanilla.
  • Options
    ok guys, i've currently got this SQL, but i can't figure out how to count all the variables it gives... could anyone have any ideas? SELECT IpHistoryID FROM `LUM_IpHistory` WHERE UserID = 0 GROUP BY RemoteIp
  • Options
    it's nice to see someone using my mod :) - http://www.jazzman.nl/
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    All of the comments and topics on the forum atm have been from Vanilla mate, we had a site using PunBB before ( gu.mypunbb.com ) which we never bothered migrating from, it was too much hassle requesting the free hosts give us our sql stuff imho.

But anyway,is there anyway in Vanilla to view the second highest posters etc?
  • Options
    ur, yea, the extension is just having a bit of a make-over coding-wise at the moment... i'm making it a bit better so it'll have a couple more functions than it does now, and it'll also be better set out, with separate panels
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Noo sorry, it was a question unrelated to this extension really, I don't think a top 10 posters or w/e would be well suited to the left bar at all, just wondering if it would be possible to do using an advanced search.
  • Options
    oops, well, here's an sql statement to help you along ;) SELECT LUM_User.Name AS name, (LUM_User.CountComments + LUM_User.CountDiscussions) AS posts FROM `LUM_User` ORDER BY (LUM_User.CountComments + LUM_User.CountDiscussions) DESC LIMIT 10;
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Ah thanks, so if I do <?php SELECT LUM_User.Name AS name, (LUM_User.CountComments + LUM_User.CountDiscussions) AS posts FROM `LUM_User` ORDER BY (LUM_User.CountComments + LUM_User.CountDiscussions) DESC LIMIT 10; ?>

Then it'll just do a really simple page listing the users? Apologies for the dumb question, I'm not very up on PHP at all.
  • Options
    Nah you'd need to use: <?php $query = "SELECT LUM_User.Name AS name, (LUM_User.CountComments + LUM_User.CountDiscussions) AS posts FROM `LUM_User` ORDER BY (LUM_User.CountComments + LUM_User.CountDiscussions) DESC LIMIT 10"; $result = mysql_query($query); while ($dataset = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo $dataset['name']."<br>"; } ?> (Not guaranteed to work and very rough but should do the job i think)
  • Options
    Just a thought, how about making the Newest User's name a link to their profile?
  • Options
    can anyone tell me who is moleman and how can i get him not to be the newest user? :-)
  • Options
    Would it be rude of me to hazard a guess he's the newest user on your forum?
This discussion has been closed.