Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Banner - rotating pictures?

Comments

• Options

I was just experimenting with the banner image and broke it. ;-/
    I discovered that Logo was linked to BDNE4X642DU5.jpg in /uploads so I tried renaming that to -old and copied in a different image and named it BDNE4X642DU5.jpg
    That worked ...
    However, when I tried to rename in order to revert to the original image when I reloaded the page it seems stuck on the second image.
    Why would that be, please?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Look in the config.php for this line, this is where it stores your choice from the dashboard. To change it you can try changing it here.

$Configuration['Garden']['Logo'] = 'EZA2LOGCX6KV.png';

Also I noticed on my server that when I do this kind of thing it takes a bit for it show and keeps showing the old image. Sometimes it does not overwrite the original because it is the same name.

Just clear cache and wait to see if shows.

• Options
    edited July 2013

I put this in exp.css of extrapage, was that the intended location?
    #Menu a {
    text-ident; 0px; line-height; 1.7;
    }
    Interestingly, it displayed the buttons on the horizontal plane and reversed their order, with the email link first.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Yes that is the idea , if you do not want them horizontal , I think it looks better though, but if you don't want them inline you can add

display:block!important

to the ul#Menu css rule in the extrapage css.

ul#Menu{display:block!important;}

To reverse the order just put the links in reverse lol so they come out in the order you want.

The privacy notice plugin sorts the menu to make sure it is the last link on the menu so the popup works on it.

That may be the reason for the reversal.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    Look in the config.php for this line, this is where it stores your choice from the dashboard. To change it you can try changing it here.

$Configuration['Garden']['Logo'] = 'EZA2LOGCX6KV.png';

I'm not finding a config.php in Dashboard but do see a configure.php in /settings - is that the one?

• Options
    edited July 2013

No in your file manager is where to look in

/conf/config.php

it's the third one down from applications

applications

cache

conf

• Options

you need to put this line in the extra page I am not seeing it only the selector did you erase it? If you don't put it in the links look indented and with wrong line height.

#Menu a {
    text-indent: 0px;
    line-height: 1.7!important;
    }

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

I'm not finding a config.php in Dashboard but do see a configure.php in /settings - is that the one?

A very big TIP

that's why the made the wiki it's worth a scan. In some (perhaps most) cases it provide more info than the documentation.

http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Folder_Structure

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/folderstructure

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    No in your file manager is where to look in
    /conf/config.php
    it's the third one down from applications
    applications
    cache
    conf

It was a cache thing.

I just looked using Firefox vs Seamonkey browser & it has reverted.
    I'm not sure how to clear the cache without wiping everything in browser memory - which can be a nuisance.

• Options
    edited July 2013

you can try clearing the forum cache

just erase all the .ini files in the cache folder be careful not to erase the Smarty compile folder

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

It's two different caches, you can change the refresh settings in your browser to refresh on each page load.

you clear web cache content under advanced, not your history. why would it be a nuisance.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

you need to put this line in the extra page I am not seeing it only the selector did you erase it? If you don't put it in the links look indented and with wrong line height.

#Menu a {
    text-indent: 0px;
    line-height: 1.7!important;
    }

I put it in exp.css of extrapage/design - was that the wrong place?

• Options

Great! I printed both and added them to my Vanilla Forum folder for future reference.

• Options

Also there is a firefox extension that allows to reload the style sheets and see the changes right away.

Web Developer

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/chrispederick/?src=api

• Options

Your Favicon should go in the design folder so it gets picked up automatically and/ or change the link to the favicons in the default.master.php

• Options

@peregrine said:
    It's two different caches, you can change the refresh settings in your browser to refresh on each page load.

you clear web cache content under advanced, not your history. why would it be a nuisance.

I'm not sure if this is the right place in Firefox to make the change or what change to make:

• Options

@DavidColburn said:
    I put it in exp.css of extrapage/design - was that the wrong place?

No that is the right place, but I am not seeing the change :(

Maybe it is a catch thing too , when I look at the css for extra page in the web inspector

I see an empty rule

#Menu a {

}

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    Also there is a firefox extension that allows to reload the style sheets and see the changes right away.

Web Developer

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/chrispederick/?src=api

I had already added Firebug, does this add a new feature of duplicate one, please?

I'm new to Firefox and even newer to Firebug!

• Options

ok I see what happened you made an typo please change these you put a semicolon where there should be a :

#Menu a {
    text-ident; 0px; line-height; 1.7;
    }

to this

#Menu a {
    text-ident: 0px; line-height: 1.7;
    }

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    }

The entire content of exp.css in extrapage is:

Body {