Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Banner - rotating pictures?

12346»

Comments

• Options

Note2: The test user does not show up under Dashboard as a User but I do have a red "1" next to Applicants.
    That is as it should be but the user sure should not have any access until approved in any case.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2013

Ok this has to do with permissions you set in the dashboard. And registration method

You must make it so users need to confirm their email before they can view. If you need to review their application use the approval method
    New users are reviewed and approved by an administrator (that's you!).

If the registration is totally closed Then you can remove the entrycontroller from the array and people won't be able to access the registration page register.

I suppose there could be a way to redirect those who need to be approved yet to the visitor page after they submit the application. I am not sure about this stuff since I don't use a private forum .

But there are plugins that hide the content unless you have the correct role permissions, look at prem-hide plugin or others like that.

• Options

So I delete this link from /conf/config.php and problem solved?
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Registration'] = '1';

• Options

Tried that - the invitation to register still shows up.
    We need eliminate that invitation and link entirely.
    They must Sign In with an existing account or go to the captive Visitor page.
    WDYT?

• Options

I had this set for Approval, which is technically correct, but perhaps in the Vanilla system (where self-registration, pending approval, is anticipated) perhaps Invitation or Connect may shut down the self-registration mechanism?

User Registration Settings

Change the way that new users register with the site.
    Method    Description
    Basic     New users fill out a simple form and are granted access immediately.
    Approval  New users are reviewed and approved by an administrator (that's you!).
    Invitation    Existing members send invitations to new members.
    Connect   New users are only registered through SSO plugins.
    Require users to confirm their email addresses (recommended)Email Confirmation Role Users will be assigned to this role until they've confirmed their email addresses.

• Options

I need to sleep, 1:14am EST here, so I switched it to Invitation for the night. I'll look for better answers in the am. Thanks!

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

so how are users going to register? If you are going to register the users manually, then you don't need the registration page. If that is the case then removing the entry controller from force redirect should work for you. Or simply hide the create account link from the form using css.

• Options

I keep trying to return to the Folder Structure to understand how things interact within the app.
    I removed entrycontroller from the array in default.php in ForceDirect - is that early enough in the process or should it really be removed somewhere earlier like /conf/config.php?
    It's unclear to me what in custom.css in RedWood I need to remove to address the display of "Don't have an account? Create One." without breaking anything else.

• Options

The reason why there is no point in the Registration interface is this Forum has to be closed for the safety of this children. Only parents, and teens, have direct access as there are schedules of activities, pictures, etc. which no one but a member has any reason for access. The only way one becomes a member is to complete the forms and pay a small fee. I have plans for other Vanilla-based Forums, which will be open for registration, but need to get this one done first.

• Options

BTW: I don't find in Profiles (in this support Forum) to add a sig, but I see what appears to be one at the bottom of each of your posts. What's the trick, please?

• Options
    edited July 2013

What if I delete (I'm not sure how to comment-out) all of the lines containing Registration in /conf/config.php?

// Garden
        $Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'OACHE-GA';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = '3PCF88AC4J';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = '1';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Invitation';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmailRole'] = '3';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPrivateKey'] = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPublicKey'] = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteExpiration'] = '-1 week';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteRoles'] = 'a:5:{i:3;s:1:"0";i:4;s:1:"0";i:8;s:1:"0";i:16;s:1:"0";i:32;s:1:"0";}';

• Options

I moved this thread here
    vanillaforums.org/discussion/24263/registration-entry
    as it's way off the Banner - rotating pictures topic ...