Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sign Out Redirect

Comments

• Options

You see the two Categories with their descriptions in the center column?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yea remove that definition it was an example. A definition should not mess up a layout . It is only a word switcher. Affects no parts of the theme.

• Options

I just tried it with two other browsers and I'm not seeing the Category descriptions. Just the categories names in the right menu.

• Options

Is the subdirectory supposed to be /themes/locale or themes/locales (plural)?

• Options

http://www.torahrx.com/forums/categories/all

I see the descriptions here. Is that what you mean ? If you go from here to the selected category, it will not show anything if there is no content. The meta description in the categories index does not appear when you go to the category.

You need to add content .

• Options

You can set the categories page to be the landing page in the dashboard settings.

• Options

Yea. That's exactly what I want to see. But I'm not seeing it.

• Options

OK, that's what I forgot to do--set the Homepage. Thanks. So the only issue is the Definitions and you get another Awesome.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

Quick question:

post your definition statements you want to change. the text you want to change specifically. and to what.

second quick question. do you want to solve this fast? and works with all situations in all themes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

did you change to double quotes also in the locale.php file in the conf folder ?

Enabled en_CA as the default locale ?

deleted the ini files in the cache ?

do not delete he Smarty folder by mistake.

• Options

must be another bathroom break :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited April 2014

@peregrine said:
    Quick question:
    do you want to solve this fast? and works with all situations in all themes.

Please I need a bathroom break :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

why are you guys confusing the situation?

1) just put the definitions in the locale.php and be done with it.

2) delete the ini files from the cache.

single quotes and double quotes will work on both, unless there is a quote in the definition text itself and in that case you need to use the one that isn't in the definition text.

it's no different then any other php quoting.

• Options

@‌ peregrine Here is my definitions file:

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Definition['Howdy, Stranger!'] = "Shalom, Chaver!";
    $Definition['GuestModule.Message'] = "It looks like you\'re either new here or you have not logged in yet. If you want to participate in our community discussions, click one of these buttons!";

Just two changes for the moment.

@‌vrijvlinder
    I enabled en_CA
    Deleted ini files (several times)
    Did not delete Smarty
    There is nothing in my conf/locale.php file. It looks like this:

@‌ peregrine
    I want to solve this. I only have one theme on this site. I want to go eat breakfast.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

put these in conf/locale.php

$Definition['GuestModule.Message'] = "It looks like you're either new here or you have not logged in yet. If you want to participate in our community discussions, click one of these buttons!";

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

your conf/locale.php will now look like this after the above change.

$Definition['GuestModule.Message'] = "It looks like you're either new here or you have not logged in yet. If you want to participate in our community discussions, click one of these buttons!";

• Options

you're is all that is needed not you\'re

• Options

Two Jews, three shuls. Will the two of you, wonderful as you both have been, decide between you the best way to go and then provide me with absolutely newbie instructions. I am going to eat the last of my chometz. Back in 5-10.

• Options

I did mention it but you may have missed it ...

If you wish to try peregrine's method:

Put the definitions in the locale.php file

conf/locale.php there is nothing inside it so don't be alarmed. Paste your definitions inside of that locale.php file

• Options

@peregrine OK,I made the changes to conf/locale.php