Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sign Out Redirect

Comments

• Options

let me know when this is done

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Done.

As a dobule-check, here it is:

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    var_dump("boot after");
    if (!function_exists('SignOutUrl')) {
    function SignOutUrl($Target = '') {
    if ($Target) {
    // Strip out the SSO from the target so that the user isn't signed back in again.
    $Parts = explode('?', $Target, 2);
    if (isset($Parts[1])) {
    parse_str($Parts[1], $Query);
    unset($Query['sso']);
    $Target = $Parts[0].'?'.http_build_query($Query);
    }
    }
    $Target="http://www.yahoo.com";
    var_dump("sign in");
    return '/entry/signout';
    return '/entry/signout?TransientKey='.urlencode(Gdn::Session()->TransientKey()).($Target ? '&Target='.urlencode($Target) : '');
    }
    }

Is that the way you wanted the tildes?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

Is that the way you wanted the tildes?

it looks like its not reading the bootstrap.after.php I don't know why it is not reading from conf folder correctly.

delete the ini files in your cache folder.

lets see if it can read conf/locale.php

put this line in conf/locale.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Definition['Discussions'] = 'Posts';

and delete the .ini files from your cache.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Done. BTW, when I am deleting ini files, I am not deleting Smarty, correct?

• Options

ok it is reading the locale.php

now make sure the owner and file permissions of the bootstrap.after.php is the same as the locale.php

who is the owner of the files?

• Options

File permissions are the same 755. Not sure where to look for owner.

• Options

how are you looking at the files? what tool?

• Options

I use MacRabbit Expresso. I can view them through my cpanel if necessary.

• Options

I looked via File Manager on cPanel, but did not see Owner info.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

one of them should have an option to see the owner. :). I don't know mcrabbit

you can remove $Definition['Discussions'] = 'Posts'; from the /conf/locale.php

and I've run out of time.

you can rename the bootstrap.after.php to bootstrap.after.ph and it won't execute.

but it doesn't appear to execute anyway. Because if it did, we would have seen
    the word "boot after" appear on your forum everywhere and it doesn't show up.

if the signout function was called with the last changes we made your signout link would have trunctated the signout url with the return statement.\
    And the change prior to that would have redirected you to your home page.
    And both would have shown"sign in" due to this var_dump("sign in");

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

and I've run out of time. good luck. sorry, to hard to figure out things remotely, without real access to server.

• Options

Thank you for giving it a shot. I'll make the changes you suggest and revert to my other solution--adding a menu item to go to Home.

• Options

thanks for helping out @peregrine :), maybe if rmeilech wants I can go in and look at his files and see how he installed them.

I don't think they are in the right places based on that screenshot.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@lincoln..

why would bootstrap.after.php not be called. Theoretically with changes made above, I should have seen the var_dumps on the op's site. if you have time to look at the above.

never mind. realized the op mistyped the name

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/205396/#Comment_205396

• Options

@vrijvlinder
    OK, how do I set you up? Do you need FTP access? What works best.

• Options

Just pm to me the cpanel login instructions including the cpanel link and I will go in and see how it is and report back.

• Options

I see the problem

it is bootstrap.php.after

not bOOstrap

• Options

it should be bootstrap.php.after

not bOOstrap

• Options

Where is it bOOstrap? I'm looking at my file list. It says boostrap.after.ph