Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sign Out Redirect

Comments

• Options

OK, how do I do "awesomes"? Forget the eggs. Some other awesome on this forum?

• Options

Or would a Kabbalistic blessing do?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Mazal Tov !! Eize Yofi !!

@peregrine , you certainly qualify for the Yak Shaver Badge and the Comment Marathon Badge (if it was real) I hope our non-official Rabbi @Lincoln can see the effort :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

Or would a Kabbalistic blessing do?

ok,

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@rmeilech said:
    OK, how do I do "awesomes"?

You have to hover under the comment so they , the reaction buttons appear. It is an effort to make people really try to find them ... lol

• Options

@peregrine @vrijvlinder‌
    Mine work. Really. (Did you see what the torahrx.com site was about?) Hebrew name w/ mother's name?

• Options

how about an Aliyah for my dad. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

You got it. Bais Bezalel, Los Angeles, Pico-Robertson area. Let me know when you're both going to be there. Chol HaMoed is best. They kinda charge for the big Yom Tov ones.

• Options
    edited April 2014

You need to give him the name of your father's Mother.

For example If your dad is David , and your mom Sarah , he would be David benSarah.

But it may be not accurate. You can find the hebrew name of your dad http://www.my-hebrew-name.com

• Options

@vrijvlinderWhat? No. Your Hebrew name and your mother's Hebrew name. Likewise, for your father, his name and his mother's name. For an aliyah, it's your name and your father's name. It's a tribal thing. @peregrine Did you get the Awesome? I hovered and clicked. Or does that require focus as well.

• Options

@peregrine or @vrijvlinder
    Before I do this, I want to make absolutely sure it won't mess things up.
    1. I can modify config now with:

$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] = 'torahrx';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] ='torahrx';

1. I can upload and enable my locales/torahrx and my themes/torahrx?
  • Options

I can't say I am a good jew I must admit. Thank you for correcting me.

• Options

I don't care how good you are (that is for Him to judge, not me). What is your name and your mother's name? Or you can PM it to me. Badges are nice, but blessings are real in this world and the next.

• Options
    edited April 2014

You don't want to make the Garden locale default torahx . it only has a few configs you made that goes in the theme as I suggested before.

The only reason to change the default locale is if you are going to change the whole language of the forum. There is no need if it is a few configs . The locale will be picked from your theme automatically. After you also add 'HasLocale'=TRUE; in the theme about.php

• Options

Sorry. That's quite a few pages back. How do I put the locale in the theme?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

actually the simplest way to add definitions is not to mess with locales per se.

just put your definitions in /conf/locale.php

as far as custom themes, just put it in theme folder. and enable your theme.

• Options

my mother's hebrew name is Shlomit

my father's hebrew name is Adar but he died almost 3 years ago in June.

My name is the same in Hebrew and in English, Ada

• Options

OK, Ada bas Shlomit. You got your grocha. You should be feeling about now. May your father's neshamah have an aliyah. If you can make it up to L.A. before this Monday evening at 7:00PM, you are invited to our first night Seder. If not, head for your local Chabad. Everyone is welcome.

• Options

To add a locale in your theme folder :

Create a folder called Locale then a file called definitions.php to go inside it.

Copy your definitions in that file.

add 'HasLocale'=TRUE; in the theme about.php file.

Enable the theme in the dashboard

• Options

the definitions.php file should look like this

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

$Definition['Categories'] = 'Categories';
    add more definitions here