Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sign Out Redirect

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Are you using page speed minify or something like that?

I looked at the source of your forum and the files don't look right to me.
    Let me take a screen shot of what I mean so you can see .

• Options

I don't know what page speed minify is. So it is unlikely that I am using it. On the other hand, I did not install Vanilla from a download. I used Softaculous from my cpanel.

• Options

On the left is your forum on the right is mine. Look at how the files are in their respective folders Look at the top folder that is where the forum frame is. Yours, all the files are everywhere together. Do not know if this is the problem but it does not look kosher to me.

• Options

I am not seeing the difference. I am comparing your screen shot with my page source. Mine is in

<

div id="Frame">

I assume yours is the same. Or are you referring to something else? Do you see any extra lines of code in mine that are not in yours?

• Options

That may be the problem , you should try to create a new install via ftp . And compare the two.

It is hard to guess without looking at the folder array myself. If you want me to take a look you can pm me the credentials to go in and see. I would not touch anything only look and report what I find. But installing another copy in another subdirectory via ftp is probably a good idea. At least to compare and find out what if anything happened to the first install.

Third party Installation scripts are notorious for causing bugs or missing folders.

• Options
    edited April 2014

@rmeilech said:
    I am not seeing the difference. I am comparing your screen shot with my page source.
    I assume yours is the same. Or are you referring to something else? Do you see any extra lines of code in mine that are not in yours?

No I am referring to the far left column that shows the files. Your files are all over the place and not in their type folders.

Mine are in nice organized folders by type .

• Options

Ah, I see what you are referring to now. Odd. Don't know what that means.

It seems to me that the easiest approach to do a completely new install via FTP. Why compare? If after a new install the problem still exists, well buggers.

And I have no problem PMing credentials, but again--since Softaculous does introduce bugs from time to time, a clean install may be the best approach. I'll jsut need to copy down some of my config so that I can redo my settings.

• Options
    edited April 2014

Yes that is probably wise, since it is new it is not a huge problem. At least now you are more familiar with it and will anticipate.

Yes these script installers can and do. In some installs the Smarty and compile folder were missing from the cache after install with a script installer ...

I like to keep a spare copy of Vanilla so I can inspect and compare after if something went wrong. And also if I mess something up really bad then just replace that file with a good one.

But once you get through these pesky things , it is smooth sailing after that.

• Options

OK, I am going to try a fresh install. I looked over the instructions. The only part that is unclear is creating a blank database and user. I know how to do that, but the instructions don't make sense in English here: Essentially you will create a blank (empty) database that the Vanilla installer will later populate with the correct tables and data. collation" drop-down box in phpmyadmin.

The part that is confusing is: "correct tables and data. collation" drop-down box"

• Options

That just means that it will create all the tables needed for the data and also appear in the control panel in phpmyadmin . It is an automatic process.

The installer accesses the database you created via the User and database password and name. Vanilla does the rest once it is configured and connected.

• Options

OK, I'll check back in after I test everything. May be tomorrow. Lots of "spring" cleaning left to do tonight.

• Options
    edited April 2014

Ok let us know. :)

This time put the definitions you made the way I suggested and keep en CA as the default locale.

• Options

I did the reinstall. Oddly, config.php was missing altogether. So I copied over my previous config file. Redirect is still not working. So I suspect that the Softaculous install was not the problem.

I am still trying to get my Locale set up as you suggested.

• Options

config.php gets generated after the install is successful . It does not come with the download. Only the config defaults come with the download. After a successful install, the config gets generated with all the info. But you can also use your old config.

That is very strange that the redirect will simply not work for you. Maybe there is something else missing. But I can't figure what it could be.

I will have to do more research..

• Options

Got it. Well, everything else is back in place and running as before. I appreciate all of your efforts to date. The oddest thing as far as I can see is that the code you suggested is in config.php and yet with hover shows something completely different. It's as if that line in config is not being read. Here it is again: $Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SignOutUrl'] = 'http://www.torahrx.com/forums/entry/signout/{Session_TransientKey}?Target=http://www.torahrx.com/';

• Options
    edited April 2014

There will be number added to that which is the transient key, is that what you mean ?
    Is this like you have this line? Because it needs to be like that for the htaccess rules to be applied. The part we fixed earlier..

$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;

• Options

In a way. The hove still shows this: www.torahrx.com/forums/entry/signout?TransientKey=xxxxxx.

Except, of course, the xxxxx is replaced by the alphanumerical key.

Don't know what to make of any of this. Do know that I have a 4:00AM wake up. So I better catch at least a couple hours.

• Options

ok it is almost 4 here... laila tov

• Options

Midwest? And how does vrijvlinder go with laila tov? I took it for India.

• Options
    edited April 2014

no it's actually a dutch name I made up means free butterfly. I lived in Israel many years ago but still can speak a few things. I am in Mexico at the moment Mexico City.