Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[SOLVED] Can't install default 2.1.1 install

hmalaudhmalaud New
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

As suggested by @Linc, I am creating a whole topic for my question:
Hello all, I can't install the new archive (08.02.14 - 2.1.1) either on local or on distant server. On both, page does not open (it stays blank) and I can't start the setup process. Sorry if I didn't post in the right category. Any thoughts?

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Please enable debugging by adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to your /conf/config.php file.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I have no config.php file for now, maybe it has not been generated since I have not been through the installation process?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I would check your server error logs.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

None is generated. But maybe the lack of config.php file is a clue isn't it?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I'm guessing your file permissions aren't set up correctly to allow your server to read/write data in the forum directory.

First, try dropping a test.php file into the folder and see if you can access it directly. Something like:

<?php echo "This works";

That will confirm you can get to the folder and that PHP is working correctly.

• Options

Seems I have chmod 755 (rwxr-xr-x) on my local files, my index.php according your instructions works (though with different permissions rw-r--r--); I have tried with CHMOD777 on cache/uploads and 755 on my distant files, and it didn't work either :(

• Options

copy the files over again. make sure you get the full download and it doesn't fail before you have received everything

in index.php

change the line

error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_USER_ERROR | E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR);

to

error_reporting(-1)

try again

grep is your friend.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

If you have PHP running correctly and are still getting a white screen, there should be an error in either your PHP error logs or your server error logs.

• Options
    hmalaudhmalaud New
    edited August 2014

Indeed, you are right!
    I get a php error in the logs:

[05-Aug-2014 16:20:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_Url' not found in /path-to-forum/library/core/functions.general.php on line 271

But changing the error_reporting allowed me to have a fraction of the page load (now I can access the source code of the page which is
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-ca"> <head> <title>Something has gone wrong.</title> <meta name="robots" content="noindex" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="
    and no more)

Thanks for your help so far!

• Options

I suspect you have not downloaded and transferred all of the files, make sure to get the whole archive, and make sure that all the files are copied over. It is very easy for an extraction to finish prematurely for example.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Verify this file exists: /library/core/class.url.php

What version of PHP are you using?

• Options

I use PHP 5.5.10 and the file does exist.
    I re-downloaded the archive and re-extracted it 3 times ^^

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2014

what is in /cache ?

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hmalaudhmalaud New
    edited August 2014

I have a file name c_library_map.ini and folder named "Smarty" with empty and a "compile" folder with empty inside.

• Options

delete c_library_map.ini

grep is your friend.

• Options

No change :( But it recreates the file when I try to launch the file

• Options

what is the contents of c_library_map.ini?

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hmalaudhmalaud New
    edited August 2014

[cache] gdn = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.gdn.php" gdn_factory = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.factory.php" gdn_configuration = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.configuration.php" gdn_pluggable = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.pluggable.php" gdn_sliceprovider = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.sliceprovider.php" gdn_request = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.request.php" gdn_applicationmanager = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.applicationmanager.php" gdn_pluginmanager = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php" gdn_cache = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.cache.php" gdn_format = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.format.php" gdn_dirtycache = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.dirtycache.php" gdn_url = "/Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/Misc/xboxygen/forum/www/library/core/class.url.php"

• Options

post like this ~~~[code]~~~ replacing code with the data.

grep is your friend.