Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Poll 1.3

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I needed a poll system to let my members decide on certain things. Therefor I created this extension, and I want to share it with the community. For now, it only supports registered and logged in members. But I could make an option so guests can vote as well.

Download: Poll 1.3

Extension notes:

Features:
- Create polls for certain roles
- Only members can vote, guest can view results
- A member can only vote once

Todo:
- Create a poll based on a discussion, or attach it to a dicussion
- A Poll tab to see the poll history
- Notification if there is a poll which you haven't voted on
- Allow guests to see votes
- Set start and end date for voting
- Set a minimum number of votes before the outcome will be taken seriously (e.g. at least 60% of the members and 20% of the administrators have to vote before the poll will be closed)
- Change poll status: online/offline

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Awesome! Jazzman The Master Modder! This should be included in Vanilla as default.
  • Options
    Sweet!

Can't wait for a discussion based poll :)
  • Options
    Very nice Jazzman! I can't wait until you are able to attach a poll to a discussion, i'd rather see it there than taking up precious space on the sidebar. Very nice nonetheless!
  • Options
    I think we should just call Jazzman "the Machine" from now on... does it say that on the back of your tshirts?
  • Options
    It would also be nice to be able to disable a poll without removing it alltogether... just like a publish / disable checkbox in the options or something.
  • Options
    Tnx for the comments. I've added your feature to the todo list Roguefoxx :)
  • Options
    Looks great :)

Can only admin's create poll's?
  • Options
    Very Nice.

Can only admin's create poll's?

no, you can set what roles have permission to set polls
  • Options
    it would be awesome to add polls to discussions
  • Options
    I can't delete the Polls :| I press the X button and nothing hapens :|
  • Options
    Jazzman, you're doing a fine job. On another note; I just said Poll Extension out loud and started giggling. I'm sorry for this.
  • Options
    How about adding an option for members to choose their top 3 choices?
  • Options
    When resetting the poll to 0 in admin panel, I get the following error: Warning: Division by zero in /homepages/44/d92618009/htdocs/chrispasseno/community/extensions/Poll/default.php on line 498
  • Options
    So can any member start a poll? or is the admin the only person that can do it? Maybe there should be an option to allow certain roles to start polls? Great extension btw!
  • Options
    woo my lovely nice percentage bar made its way into there :P but changed abit
  • Options
    droppy: you can set user permissions in Vanilla's roles and permissions options (if you know what I mean).
  • Options
    Yep Immersion :) Your percentage bar is very good looking :)

* You can set a permission in the roles for "Poll Management". It you set this, everyone can change everything in the Poll section. I will add more permission options so user can only change manager their own poll
    * Division by zero is a bug. When I calculate percentages and there are no votes yet, it will give this error. I'll change it asap
    * Deleting Polls... LOL.. totally forgot to add that code :P Will do it asap :)
  • Options
    as 3stripe says: "the Machine" LOL Excellent work, jazzman (as usual)
  • Options
    TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
    gotta say man, this extension is awesome!! great job Jazzman, and cant wait to see the updates with this
  • Options
    If I have time later, I may write a mod to put it in a discussion instead of the sidebar, like the old poll extension.

I do like the styling on this one though.
This discussion has been closed.