Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Poll 1.3

12346»

Comments

• Options
    @Jazzman: is it possible to CLOSE a Poll? - so that no one is able to vote on it anymore? I've noticed, that even if I close the DISCUSSION the poll is in, new people can still go in and vote! I would like to be able to close the poll, so that everyone viewing the discussion will only see the RESULT of the voting!...
  • Options
    Hey, love the extension. I'm trying to integrate this into a site that wants to use it for ACTUAL elections for a group. Thus, a few things I would want are not yet implemented. I'm willing to do the work, I just need a bit of direction on how to accomplish it. 1) Don't display results until the poll is closed. Simply put a "thank you for voting" message up in the grey box, no bar graph, and then show the results as normal when the poll is closed. 2) Write in candidates. This one is the real killer, allowing users to select a third option, Other, that includes an inline input box for users to insert their own option. This does NOT create a new option for everyone to vote on, it simply leaves a list of inputs for the poll administrator to see. Any ideas on how to do this? The first I can probably band-aid with some css trickery if I have to, but the second I'm going to need some pointers on.
  • Options
    I'll pickup this extension very soon now :)
  • Options
    For some reason, when I add a poll to the side panel members cannot see it. Only as admin I can see it and vote. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Having a weird problem. Perhaps someone can duplicate or explain... Admin created 4 discussions, each with a poll attached, set it to show for both members and administrators. Everything worked well, members could vote. Admin went into each poll and removed "administrators" from the ability to vote. Now, Admin could not even see the poll on each discussion. He could no longer edit it, even though he has privileges to modify polls. The checkbox within the poll circumvented the whole system. In our situation, only members can vote, but Admins set up the polls for them to vote on. Is this desired behavior and we just need to have Admin abstain on every poll? (by clicking the "turn off" message) Or does anyone have pointers on how to resolve this one?
  • Options
    @Jazzman: please, do not forget to introduce the ability to CLOSE a poll! :-) I also noticed, that in your to-do list for this extension, you have planned to introduce automatic 'closing dates' for polls - that would be wonderful, indeed!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    @ sourceV & davidh : i had problems with members who couldn't see the poll in the side bar, after i changed roles of admin users. some how the change turned off the preference : [] Show active Poll in Panel (in forum prefs) in order to resolve this problem i added the following line in the preferences column for all users (in the database): a:1:{s:14:"ShowActivePoll";i:1;} this is not applicable for users who have more preferences in this cell @jazzman: can it be a bug?
  • Options
    How can I set it so that the default preference for showing the Poll in the panel is off? Out of the box, the default is that everyone's pref for seeing the poll in the panel is on, but I can't find where I need to change this...
  • Options
    Here is my french translation of "/Poll/conf/language.php" file :

<?php // Language Dictionary $Context->SetDefinition('ExtensionOptions', 'Options de l\'Extensions'); $Context->SetDefinition('PollManagement', 'Gestion de Sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('Polls', 'Sondages'); $Context->SetDefinition('ShowActivePoll', 'Afficher les sondages actifs dans le panneau'); $Context->SetDefinition('GetPollToEdit', '1. Selectionner le sondage &agrave; &eacute;diter'); $Context->SetDefinition('ModifyPollDefinition', '2. Modifier le titre du sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('DefineNewPoll', 'D&eacute;finir le nouveau sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('CreateNewPoll', 'Cr&eacute;er un nouveau sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('PollRemoved', 'Le sondage a &eacute;t&eacute; effac&eacute;.'); $Context->SetDefinition('PollSaved', 'Vos modifications ont &eacute;t&eacute; enregistr&eacute;es.'); $Context->SetDefinition('NewPollSaved', 'Le sondage a &eacute;t&eacute; cr&eacute;&eacute; avec succès.'); $Context->SetDefinition('PollReorderNotes', 'Glissez/d&eacute;posez les sondages ci-dessous pour les r&eacute;organiser. Leur nouvel ordre sera automatiquement enregistr&eacute;. Le sondage du haut sera affich&eacute; dans le panneau.'); $Context->SetDefinition('PollName', 'Nom du sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('PollNameNotes', 'Le nom du sondage sera le titre ou la question de votre sondage. Le Html n\'est pas autoris&eacute;.'); $Context->SetDefinition('RolesInPoll', 'R&ocirc;les autoris&eacute;s &agrave; participer &agrave; ce sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('AddVoteOptions', 'Ajouter des choix de r&eacute;ponse'); $Context->SetDefinition('AddVoteOptionsNotes', 'Ajouter les choix de r&eacute;ponse qui peuvent &ecirc;tre s&eacute;lectionn&eacute; par le votant. Vous pouvez changer le r&eacute;sultat actuel des votes et cela sera pris en compte dans le d&eacute;compte total des votes. Le Html n\'est pas autoris&eacute;.'); $Context->SetDefinition('VoteOption', 'Choix de r&eacute;ponse'); $Context->SetDefinition('VoteCount', 'D&eacute;compte des votes'); $Context->SetDefinition('AddPollData', 'Ajouter un choix de r&eacute;ponse'); $Context->SetDefinition('PollNameLower', 'nom du sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('VoteOptionLower', 'choix de r&eacute;ponse'); $Context->SetDefinition('Vote', 'Vote'); $Context->SetDefinition('TotalVotes', 'Total des Votes'); $Context->SetDefinition('AddPollToDiscussion', 'Ajouter un sondage &agrave; cette discussion'); $Context->SetDefinition('EditPollDiscussion', '&eacute;diter le Sondage de cette discussion'); $Context->SetDefinition('DeletePollDiscussion', '&eacute;ffacer le sondage de cette discussion'); $Context->SetDefinition('ErrPollNotFound', 'Le sondage demand&eacute; n\'a put &ecirc;tre trouv&eacute;.'); $Context->SetDefinition('ErrInstallExtension', 'Une erreur est apparue durant l\'installation.'); $Context->SetDefinition('ErrAlreadyVoted', 'Vous avez d&eacute;j&agrave; vot&eacute; pour ce sondage.'); $Context->SetDefinition('PERMISSION_POLL_MANAGEMENT', 'Gestion des Sondage'); $Context->SetDefinition('PERMISSION_ADD_POLL', 'Ajouter un Sondage'); // Version 1.2 dictionary $Context->SetDefinition('PollNotification', 'Il y a un sondage disponible auquel vous devriez participer : //1'); $Context->SetDefinition('TurnOff', 'D&eacute;sactiver'); $Context->SetDefinition('TurnOffPollNotifications', 'D&eacute;sactiver les notifications de sondage'); // Version 1.3 dictionary $Context->SetDefinition('PERMISSION_CHANGE_POLL_RESULTS', 'Modifier les r&eacute;sultats du sondage'); ?>

Jazzman, maybe could you include it in the zip file ? Thank you for this extension (and the others !)
  • Options
    Poll resetting? Has anyone had this happen to them? Any clue why this might happen?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    @Jazzman: just a quick reminder, that some of us do need to be able to CLOSE A POLL! :-) The closing of a poll could be done: 1) manually 2) when the discussion the poll appears in is closed (in general, it is odd to have a closed discussion with the poll still open for votes!) 3) automatically: a) by a certain date b) when a minimum number of votes is received Please, please, please!....
  • Options
    I'll put my vote in for these updates as well.
  • Options
    I cast my vote for this too.

Jazzman, you realize that if this were a Poll 1.3 poll we'd never stop voting for you to do more work... :)
  • Options
    StashStash
    edited February 2007
    OT: I keep getting taken to the first page of this discussion when I click on it from the "Bookmarks" in the control panel on the left. I have the "Take me to the last unread comment" option enabled which appears to be working for other discussions. Anyone else getting this problem?

Oh, I've just realised that the links on the control panel aren't actually setup to take you to the last comment, even though I have that option setup. Well that sucks! Time to put in a feature request for this as it's not "expected behaviour" IMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I have added this extension, but I don't see it appearing in my side panel. UPDATE: I finally figured out it was a user forum preference setting. This took a while to figure out, I guess I'm dense. Seems to me the admin should be able to set this globally for all users...
  • Options
    Are all active polls supposed to randomly render in my sidebar? If so mine is not working. If not, could that feature be added? It would be great if my users got a random poll inside the sidebar each time they pull up a page.
This discussion has been closed.