Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Poll 1.3

Comments

• Options
    addRewriteRule ^extension/([0-9]+)/$ extension.php?DiscussionID=$1 [QSA,L]
    For the second thing, I think it is on a Jazzman's ToDo list.
  • Options
    MavMav
    edited July 2006
    Woah, that was fast. And it works too, thanks a lot. :)

I found out that the submitting of a vote didn't work either.
    With mod_rewrite:
    <form id="frmVote" method="post" action="http://acweb.nl/vanilla/discussion/">
    Without mod_rewrite:
    <form id="frmVote" method="post" action="http://acweb.nl/vanilla/comments.php">
    I fixed that by adding this to the bottom of the #comments section:
    RewriteRule ^discussion([/]?)$ comments.php [QSA,L]
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    So now, I can click "Add a poll to this discussion", and it goes to the poll management section. However, when I fill everything out and click "Save," I get this:

Not Found

The requested URL /extension/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    My folder is "extensions", not "extension", which I assume is the default. I'm sorry I'm so bad at this stuff, but what's wrong? =o\
  • Options
    extension/ is the friendly url of extension.php.

You need this line in your .htaccess :
    RewriteRule ^extension/$ extension.php [QSA,L]

see this post for what should look like .htaccess.
  • Options
    It finally worked...thank you guys!
  • Options
    jazzman, anything on this? "users who are not logged in could not see it?"
  • Options
    Hi, I just installed it, and I get this... Some problems were encountered The requested discussion could not be found. Anyone have any idea what I'm missing? o_o
  • Options
    nevermind, it sorted itself out i think? lol
  • Options
    After enabling this extension I'm getting a weird bug in IE - the "Apply for membership" button disappears, there's a little gap above the header and a huge one between the header and the discussions.

• Options
    I get this error too

Some problems were encountered
    The requested discussion could not be found.
  • Options
    Does anyone know why the "Apply for membership" button disappears when I enable this extension?
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm being dumb, but how do I create a poll? I've extracted and enabled the extension, allowed master administration access in the roles and permissions thing, and I can view some poll options ("Show active Poll in Panel" etc) in my account, but I can't actually find a way to add a poll?!
  • Options
    I'm guessing you want to be using this, nick. http://www.glosunit.co.uk/settings/?PostBackAction=Poll&btnSave=Create+New+Poll
  • Options
    Oh, it's got it's own option! Haha thank you mini!
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited August 2006
    .. start discussion ... take a look on the left panel
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    First of all, thanks to the author for putting the time to create such an important extension - at least for me! I sure hope that development will continue, and that the little bugs that are present right now will be ironed out!

I installed the extension in a brand new Vanilla 1 installation, and have 2 bugs to report. The first one, which is pretty major for me, is that when I add several items to the poll choices, they do not display in the poll in the order in which I add them. For instance, in the poll "What is the most useful language in the world?", I have entered 5 options: Esperanto, English, Chinese Mandarin, Spanish and Other. I want them to be displayed in that order. Unfortunately, they never are... I save the poll, then go to the discussion, and voilá - they are listed apparently randomly, as (for instance) "Other, Chinese Mandaring, Spanish, Esperanto, English". If I try to go back to the Poll Management and correct the order, the order does change, however, never to the order that I have actually entered... So, not being able to control the display order of the choices makes the poll quite unusable.

Last of all, I too experienced the "The requested discussion could not be found." bug. It seems that the only way to start a poll is actually from INSIDE a new discussion. That is actually OK, and quite logical, so no problem there. Perhaps the only change I would do then would be to make it impossible for people to start a new poll by itself (without an attached discussion), by removing the 'add new poll' button from the "Poll Management" page.

Once again, many, many thanks for what is certainly sure to become one of the essential extensions to Vanilla! I can't wait!
  • Options
    *bump up* Just wondering, if Jazzman has any plans for fixing those couple of pesky bugs anytime in the near future?... ;) The 2 bugs are: 1) Poll choices are not displayed in the order in which they have been entered, and 2) 'Add Poll' button should - perhaps - be removed from the Poll Admin screen, so as to avoid the "The requested discussion could not be found' error. Looking forward to version 1.3!
  • Options
    I'm gonna update all of my extensions soon :) Still working on my new appartment. Have to finish my living area first, before I can get back to some solid programming :)
  • Options
    @Jazzman: *hehehehehe* I can totally sympathise, having been renovating work/home on-and-off for the last 2 years... Thank you so much for still managing to put in the time to contribute! - your work is *really* appreciated! :)
This discussion has been closed.