Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Poll 1.3

Comments

• Options
    yeah definitely. jazzman, you're really kickin ass with all this. keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Terrific Extention
  • Options
    line 70 of Poll/conf/settings:
    } else { // Upgrade to version 1.2 AddConfigurationSetting($Context, 'EXTENSION_POLL_VERSION', '1.2'); }
    Make vanilla write ot conf/settings.php each time you access it.
    It should be replace by:
    } elseif (version_compare($Context->Configuration['EXTENSION_POLL_VERSION'], '1.2', '<')) { // Upgrade to version 1.2 AddConfigurationSetting($Context, 'EXTENSION_POLL_VERSION', '1.2'); }
  • Options
    A new version is available!! Only works with Vanilla 1.0.1

Version 1.3 - 06.09.2006, Jazzman
    - Non discussion Polls won't show a notification anymore
    - You can now remove a single poll you don't want to vote on instead of turning off the notification system
    - Unauthenticated users (guests) can now see poll results if allowed
    - New language definition function used (SetDefinition)
    - Changing poll results now requires a role permission
    - Fixed bug where it save settings file every page load
    - Poll data is now sorted by PollDataID
  • Options
    @Jazzman: WOOHOO! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I've installed it, tested it, and it's GREAT!!! :)

A couple of things:

1) your readme file needs to be updated!
    2) if a poll is created in the 'Poll Management' screen, there does not seem to be a way to attach it to a discussion. Is that intentional? - ie., clicking on "Add Poll to this discussion" actually starts a new Poll, rather than showing a list of pre-defined polls...
  • Options
    Just found one more bug: while registered as an administrator (full permissions), I clicked on the "Remove" link inside the "There is a poll available..." notification. First, I get a javascript confirmation dialog, warnign me that if I 'remove' the notification, I won't be able to vote on the poll (huh?). When I click OK in that, I get another warning, this time saying:

"Failed: (undefined) undefined"
  • Options
    Jazzman, you da man! :D
  • Options
    That was fast ... THANKS a bunch Jazzman ... but you haven't included any information about how to upgrade from Poll 1.2 ... do I have to lose the polls which are already created? Again ... thanks
  • Options
    nope.. no database changes, so you can just copy the files :)
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Thanks .. I tried it(locally for now) and works but I think there is a small issue .. here is what happens : 1-A normal user(member) with "Add New Poll " Permission only starts a new discussion then starts a new poll... 2-He* adds a name(question) ... then adds the answers .. then he adds a numbers in the votes input boxes ... see the picture #1 3-He* saves the poll and goes to vote himself ... now if you check picture #2 you will see some problems : 1- He voted but the percentage is zero! 2- At the buttom .. it shows that there are 5754 votes ... but still the percentage is zero which is impossible ... Picture#1 : http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3564/pictureonexr1.jpg Picture#2 : http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9679/picturetwopk3.jpg *just me with a normal username...
  • Options
    Mmm... a person with only "add new poll" permission shouldn't be able to save those votes in the first place :) I'll look into it ;)
  • Options
    @Jazzman : sorry for being impatient but any progress?
  • Options
    @Jazzman: thanks for doing such great work on this extension! I have a couple of major bugs that are preventing me from using it how I'd like, which is to create a poll, let it run for a while, disable it, and post the results.

Bug 1:When I try to edit an existing discussion poll, I get the interface for adding a new discussion poll. If I put in some info and create that new poll, it attaches it to a random discussion.

Bug 2:When I try to delete a discussion poll, I get the following "Notices," and the page stops rendering after the navigation tabs:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /path/to/vanilla/extensions/Poll/library/Control.PollManagementForm.php on line 39 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /path/to/vanilla/extensions/Poll/library/Control.PollManagementForm.php on line 40
  • Options
    @Jazzman : sorry but I got another issue .... I added a couple of lines as instructed in this discussion : http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3735/one-login-get-all-the-vanillas/#Item_16 After that ... I installed the Poll 1.3 extension(fresh installation) ... it wiped these two lines clean from 'conf/settings.php' ... I think there is some command or so(you know better) that deleted these lines ... I added them again after the installation of the extension and it didn't touch them ....
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Now I'm pissed ... fixed something, the other gets broken ... I fixed my vanilla to insert utf-8 text correctly using the great instructions here : http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3415/2/101-issues/#Item_40 Now I cannot start a poll with utf-8 text ... when I do so .. I just get '?' instead of the text ... I think there is something to do with the connection not set to use utf-8 or something similar .... I'm sure that the problem arises from Poll 1.3 extension ... @Jazzman : you got a lot to fix now ;) EDIT: forgot to say that the extension don't work with Friendly URLs extension, I had to disable it to get Poll 1.3 to work ...
  • Options
    How i can disable the function that Members can turn on/off the function "Show active Poll in Panel" in their "Forum Preference" Option?
  • Options
    Yes how can i disable that and how can i set it globally at "show panel"? :-)
  • Options
    Installed Poll 1.3 and don't see any poll options anywhere. Using Friendly URL extension.
  • Options
    Warthog,

Have you gone into Roles & Permissions and checked the appropriate boxes?
  • Options
    hey guys, i love this extension more than most but for some reason all my users can't see polls as the default option even after i've setup all rolls to have polls visible suffice to say i have to ask them to turn on the ability to view polls in their account settings when they join is there any way of ensuring that polls automatically seen by all users unless otherwise stated ?
This discussion has been closed.