Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Open Source vs Cloud Hosting features

SkismaSkisma New
edited December 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I'm new to vanilla's software and am curious about the features in the open source version. I've begun customizing my new forum today and noticed there seems to be not as many built-in features as I expected. I could just be overlooking since I am new to this, so I apologize if that's the case. I guess my question is, are there more features in the hosting version than the free version? I thought I read that they were the exact same, the only difference being that the premium version is "peace-of-mind" being that that there is a dedicated support team that assists with everything.

Edit: I realize I probably should have searched a little further before posting this. I'm still looking for answers, but if this is considered spam or a duplicate thread, I'll understand if it's deleted.

Best Answer

Answers