HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The road to the next major release (2.2)

Comments

• JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

Do you have an idea of when 2.2 alpha/beta/final are coming out? Weeks? Months?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2015

After we fork, it will be directly to beta. In the past we've done ~2 week beta cycles until things look reasonably stable, then an RC for a final cycle before gold - or another RC if it's not as good as we thought.

I'd guess we are weeks from beta (as I said above) and a couple months from there to final.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Linc said:

I'd guess we are weeks from beta (as I said above) and months from

Finishing the sentence? ;)

/me is excited

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@hgtonight said:
    Finishing the sentence? ;)

I came back to the computer, finished the sentence, refreshed to see if anyone posted in the meantime, then clicked save... losing the rest of my sentence. Why doesn't someone make better forum software? :anguished:

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2015

I've set some goals for the 2.2 beta 1.

Accepting nominations for issues to add or strike. Just remember: adding issues to the list isn't free. Balancing functionality and available time is critical. Pull requests against those issues greatly appreciated.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2015

Big thanks to @Bleistivt for scrubbing thru a bunch of issues today. Knocked 7 off the list without a stitch of code being written, and an eighth with a PR. :)

• JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

I'd quite like to get this issue relating to utf8mb4 fixed, and I'm willing to work on a PR, but I need some feedback on the direction you'd like to go with it.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@JasonBarnabe I've marked it as such & will poke Todd.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes , this is a problem for those new to this..

There is no automatic solution to this other than notifying people they need to delete the redundant files. Eventually the new version will have propagated enough to make this all but a dream, or nightmare....

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

ForumMerge is particularly edifying.

Thanks for the new toys!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• nice

• which branch is this located? is this in master?

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

In 2.2, the VForg modern layout will be avalaible?

In 2.1.X:

On VForg:

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2015

@K17

You should come up with your own theme rather than coping vanillaforums.org, there is a difference between OS software an copying someone's brand or passing yourself as the French vanillaforums.org. You would need permission to to do that, especially if using their branding.

You can get those stats thought.

grep is your friend.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

@x00 said:
    K17

the French vanillaforums.org.You would need permission to do that, especially if using their branding.

I'm not copying Vanillaforums, and I've asked before open this community, the staff allow me to open it.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2015

@K17 said:

They have said before that they would rather not people use their logo which is a trademark, or people pass themselves as as official vanilla sites. Maybe their view has changed but I doubt it.

If somethign is not packaged as part of the OS software don't assume you have to right to use the image.

The theme you are asking for is licensed for distribution, it is their own branding.

If you have permission form the company that is fine.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks Guys Who Working Hard For this..
    We Love Open Source :)