Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

SMF vs Vanilla any thoughts ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    So, you don't think I'd loose a ton of users if I made them re-register and kept the old forum read-only accessible?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    umm depends on how your users are if they love ur content they will do ANYTHING
    maybe if they make a import members addon then u could import members from ur other forum to this one that would be a cool one to have i dunno if it is possible

u should prabably try it for a while see how it goes nothing to lose cuz if u still have ur other forum u can go back to it if u saw it was not going well for u
  • Options
    Ask them mate, show them a few of the nice Vanilla forums out there and let them help to make the decision.

After all, if they "own" the move they will be happy and life will be good!
  • Options
    Thanks for your advices!
  • Options
    I'm looking to migrate from SMF, does anyone have a link to that transfer script that works? I think a lot of people here are looking for it too, so it would really be a good resource and would help convert more users to vanilla! Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm looking to migrate from SMF, does anyone have a link to that transfer script that works? I think a lot of people here are looking for it too, so it would really be a good resource and would help convert more users to vanilla!
    I join the call! Someone knows how to migrate from SMF to Vanilla?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The script link is down...... Anyone know where I can find it? -Dan amitai@freeformdj.com
  • Options
    I am interested in this tool tool. Just throwing my word in looking for the scripts.