Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Attachments 2.0 and Inline Images 1.1

Comments

• Ok, if I edit the message I see the option to delete the attachment and it shows the Image number.

(Also if it's not an image (e.g. PDF), mouseover gives the number in the URL preview.)

Is it possible to get the number displayed after an image has been uploaded? Perhaps to the right of the "Browse..." button. That would allow one to know how to place the image into the message, without having to post it, edit it (to find the number), repost it.
  • Love it so far. The new fixes work like a charm.
    Just can't wait for the Thickbox/Lightbox version of this.
  •  Quote: erissiva  ...Just can't wait for the Thickbox/Lightbox version of this...
    Now that would impress me!
  • edited September 2006
    "Could not save Attachments settings to configuration file!"

I did not get very far did I?
    Is there a read-me somewhere, surely upload permissions need to be set somewhere?
  • Yeah, especially since Thickbox 2.0 came out.

*sigh* It's so beautiful. Plus, now it has support for imagesets/galleries! Been waiting for that since day 1. ^_^
    They fixed that Firefox overlay error, added support for more files, fixed the caching issues, and optimized the whole package down to 27k total. Their changelog is huge.
  • not working for me either, i see the upload attachment button below the comment but when I save nothing gets saved,
  • The inline feature doesn't work for me. I turn it on and I get a collapsed looking thing. http://gliving.tv/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=113 I can attach items, but it would be really nice to be able to just upload a photo and see the photo with either a thumb nail options or a full size image.
  • edited September 2006
    First of all: awesome site :)

I see that you've disabled the inline images. Can you activate it again so I can see what's wrong? :P Also.. try using [Image_4] and [Image_5] in your comments. Does this work?

EDIT: Mmm.. I just downloaded the images, and I can't view them.
  • edited September 2006
    Funny, anything I try, gif, jpg etc, I always get the empy error message. I am using real gif's jpg's. Some problems were encountered The file you attempted to upload (xxxx) was empty. You are not allowed to upload (xxxx) the requested file type: I have tried it with all other extensions off. It makes the folder structure, but never saves/uploads the file. Am I missing something really obvious?
  • Permissions on the folder?
  • i chmoded my folder correctly and the import function still isnt working. also, the inline images arent showing up; not even with the syntax to do so.
  • It doesn't work in Safari for me. Works fine in Firefox but not Safari.
  • I just discovered that if I edit a message (to find out the image's number) I can add a second image.

Now if I can specify how many to upload all at one time instead of wash/rinse/repeat. :)
  • Hi All, For Attachments 2.0 , do i still need to perform the following? "You'll have to create an upload folder and give it write permission. Default path is your root vanilla folder /uploads." (Found it in Attachments 1. Sorry i am new to Vanilla) Thanks
  • Yes, the main folder should be chmod 777. The attachments extension will also create subfolders.
  • Ok I will create a folder called "uploads" now. And then make it writable. (chmod 777)
  • OK I have created a folder called "uploads" (Re Screenshot 01 @ http://forrest2828.backpackit.com/pub/737501 ) And then made it writable/chmod 777 (Re Screenshot 02) When i went back to Discussion, things seems to be working fine with the display of this message (Re Screenshot 03) and i have changed the Permission accordingly. This is how far i could go (Re Screenshot 04) After I've clicked the "Add your comments" button, the attachment is no where to be seen (Re Screenshot 05) Went back to check on the "uploads" folder, nothing in there too (Re Screenshot 06) I am missing certain procedures? Or shall the folder be named "upload" (without the "s")? Please help. Thanks
  • Sorry Jazzman I got bussy on other parts of the site. I am glad you like the site, we are working our ass off on the shows and site in general and there always seems to be more to do. But for the forums, which are coming alive with activity, I would really like to enable the members to add photos to their post by uploading the photos, while they are posting. I believe this Add on is suppose to do that. The people visiting our forum are not tech people so they barely know how to post a comment. Do you think we could work through this and maybe a few other issues? My email is greenmonkey@gliving.tv
  • edited September 2006
    @forrestRain: I think I've found the problem. Too bad I don't have access to Mac browsers, else I could test the issue :)

The thing is: I'm using the discussion/comment form for uploading attachments. The normal encoding-type is just text. I use javascript to change the encoding type to multipart/form-data:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> var f = document.getElementById(\''. $this->FormName .'\'); f.encoding = \'multipart/form-data\'; </script>

My guess is, it doesn't work on all browsers... I'll look into it. Maybe I can find another way. For now, try Firefox and see if it works!

(Also, nice way of showing the error with those screenshots :P)
This discussion has been closed.