Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Attachments 2.0 and Inline Images 1.1

Comments

• Options
    A Mac book for Jazzman?
  • Options
    Macbook for the whole community! I recon if we put in about $1500 each...
  • Options
    @Jazzman You are right, i can confirm with you it works on Camino. http://www.bumiprojectpro.biz/va/comments.php?DiscussionID=2&page=1#Comment_12 Even the layout looks different (Re Screenshot A @ http://forrest2828.backpackit.com/pub/737501 ) Jazzman i still have 1 more questions, I have your "Inline Images" activated. (Re Screenshot B) . Need to know is what you mean "Quote = Users can use an image tag (e.g. [Image_154])" , equivalent to what is being mentioned here http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_images.asp ? Thanks for your great Extensions and all other Vanilla Add-ons !! Have a nice day. forrestRain
  • Options
    @Minisweeper @Dinoboff LOL. whatever Mac yo guys buy, make sure you have at least 1GB RAM in it. My Intel Mac Mini 512MB is getting slower and slower each day.
  • Options
    I wont run a system with less than a gig of ram. My laptop has a gig and the new desktop i just bought has 2. I suspect if i get a macbook i'll aim for 2 in that but knowing how expensive mac upgrades are maybe not :(
  • Options
    @Minisweeper Agreed. 1 gig is the standard. 2 gig will make lots of "valuable" differences (e.g. time savings).
  • Options
    I am not sure I understand how to use this combo of extensions. When they are both activated this is what I get. Look at the bottom of the first posting. http://gliving.tv/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=113&page=1#Comment_890
  • Options
    I still don't get it, these extensions aren't working, nothing happens when I upload an image,
    does it accept .png ?

whats the difference between attachments and inline images, they both sound the same
  • Options
    inline images is a plugin for attachments.
  • Options
    @jazzman~ what is your timeline for dev'ing new Attachments 2.0 extensions? the inline images are great, and I'm sure we all just can't wait until we get our hands on new stuff. is new stuffs in the pipeline?
  • Options
    I have both extensions enabled, I go to a discussion, see the upload image, I upload the image and it shows a tiny img next to button then I click upload and nothing happens, no image appears in the comment am I missing something ?
  • Options
    like wanderer above, i have the same problem - *Could not save Attachments settings to configuration file!*

what's the trick?
  • Options
    @nora: This happens when your conf/database.php is not writable. Attachments uses a SQL table, and therefor needs to write some database information to that file.
  • Options
    What is inline imag really used for?

Is it sth like this:

Block of text 1
    [Image_1]

Block of text
    [Image_2]

???

And why can't I have the option to upload several files at once?

I respect Jazzman's decision to make it as lightweight as possible, but isn't kind of redundant? In my opinion, inline image and multiple file upload should be built as a core file instead of extensions of extensions.
  • Options
    still not working for me and i'm on firefox 1.5.0.6 on tiger. the old attachments doesn't seem to be working now either, i get an error every time i try to create a new discussion.
  • Options
    Jazzman, any update for those of us that are having a hard time getting this to work?
  • Options
    Upload image... Edit... Find out number of image just uploaded... Upload a second image... Save edits. Rinse, repeat. But ability to specify a number of images (1-10) and also to see what numbers they get without having to go to edit and back would be great additions.
  • Options
    @jazzman This happens when your conf/database.php is not writable. Attachments uses a SQL table, and therefor needs to write some database information to that file.

my conf/database.php is writable and the extensions still don't seem to work, are you sure this has been tested ?
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    @jazzman: with conf/database.php writable it works great, thanks.

some feature requests:
    +an javascript/ajaxian text-link which offers the upload-form only when i need it
    +upload up to 5/10 files (new upload-form everytime i click the ajax-link)
    +support excel files
    ...support preview ext. (prior -5)

very great extension, thanks again.
    nora
  • Options
    +free chocolate bar with every upload
This discussion has been closed.