Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Attachments 2.0 and Inline Images 1.1

Comments

• Options
    I am getting a very strange problem with the attachment 2.0 plugin. It works perfectly on my local environment but I am having problems on the live server. In firefox is behaves itself, adds the attachment and submits the comment. However in IE 6 it adds the attachment and the comment BUT then throws an error post.php saying that the page cannot be found. Has anybody else encountered this? Files are identical (apart from settings) between local and remote. I dont get why it wont work in IE but will in firefox. Maybe a javascript problem? HELP!
  • Options
    Could it be possible to upload images to imageshack using this extension?
  • Options
    I've uploaded 2 images (separately) and one .zip file.
    No images appear in the comment.. only .zip file.

View source:

... <li class="Attachment "><a href=""></a></li> <li class="Attachment "><a href=""></a></li> <li class="Attachment zip"><a href="http://localhost/vanilla/?PostBackAction=Download&AttachmentID=3">32.zip</a></li> ...
    Tested running both PHP4 & PHP5... doesn't work!

Errors (PHP5):

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in n:\home\localhost\www\vanilla\extensions\InlineImages\default.php on line 40 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in n:\home\localhost\www\vanilla\extensions\Attachments\default.php on line 333 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in n:\home\localhost\www\vanilla\extensions\Attachments\default.php on line 333 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in n:\home\localhost\www\vanilla\extensions\Attachments\default.php on line 333
  • Options
    I've updated Inline Images to version 1.1. It now supports caching of inline images. This way they won't need to be downloaded every time you reload the page.
  • Options
    Hi to ALL, Am very new to all of this, and was over the moon today to finally get Vanilla up and running for the first time. Have been trying to get "Attachments 2.0 and Inline Images 1.1" working on Vanilla 1.0.1 but so far have not been able to. Could someone tell me where these items should go... ? Thanks. Very kind regards, Andrew.
  • Options
    how to delete unused images from root folder?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I am having a problem with the inline images. I moved our site from Bluehost.com to Mediatemple.com and now the inline images do not show up. Nothing has been changed. I checked the permissions and they are all set to 755. http://gliving.tv/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=204&page=1 Any ideas? When the site was on bluehost.com, members where able to select an image from their computer and attach it, and it would show up under their post. Now you just get this text link to the image, and it doesn't even work.
  • Options
    I've got attachments working just fine, but I cannot get the inline images to work for the life of me. I've tried the comment in text, HTML and BBCode and all I get is text saying "[Image_1]". There don't really appear to be any settings for inline images, so I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong - perhaps it's conflicting with another extension?
  • Options
    Same here, I can attach items, but the inline option doesn't work.
  • Options
    Possibilites: 1. The [Image_##] tag won't work if it's the very first thing in the message. 2. Edit the message and be sure it's the right number for the image (you'll see it in brackets).
  • Options
    Strangely enough it's working now... I'm not sure what I did as I was turning all sorts of extensions on and off trying stuff, then I went to the post and the images were showing! Strange...
  • Options
    Hello, With Vanilla 1.0.3 and those plugins, I can't see any picture in mail with [Image_%%].. 1. The [Image_##] tag won't work if it's the very first thing in the message. => I did 2. Edit the message and be sure it's the right number for the image (you'll see it in brackets). => done also. Fckeditor is also installed. Any idea ? Thanks for reply.
  • Options
    Reposting: "How would I go about handling ANY/ALL file type(s)?" Did I miss a response?
  • Options
    i'm running 1.0.3 and inline images doesn't seem to work either
  • Options
    Hiho!

I'm runnig Attachments 2.0 and Inline Image 1.1 on Vanilla 1.0.3. Works fine, but one thing: Since I enabled Friendly URLs i get an error 404 when I try to add second attachment via edit message.

Bye
    Tiggr
  • Options
    pbear, Sep 16th 2006
    Note that on my installation I altered the Inline Image source files to make it use [Image_##] syntax with a lowercase "i" to minimize the need for the shift key.
    This makes so much sense, I wonder if you'd mind putting it in the main download file Jazzman?

Just in case anyone else wants to do this, all you need to do is change line 34 from: $ImageTag = '[Image_'.$Attachment->AttachmentID .']';to: $ImageTag = '[image_'.$Attachment->AttachmentID .']';
    Although I'd also recommend changing line 21 from:$Context->Dictionary['InlineImagesNotes'] = 'These settings are specific to inline images. With inline images you can display image attachments directly into your comments by using [Image_%AttachmentID%]. If an image width exceeds the maximum width it will be automatically resized.';to:$Context->Dictionary['InlineImagesNotes'] = 'These settings are specific to inline images. With inline images you can display image attachments directly into your comments by using [image_%AttachmentID%]. If an image width exceeds the maximum width it will be automatically resized.';
    Both of these extremely minor changes just change the capital I to a lower case i
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hello

I'm using Vanilla 1.0.3 + Attachments 2.0 + Inline Image 1.1
    Attachments 2.0 works fine but Inline Image doesn't for me :-( all I see is the alternative text with the name of the image... the response I get from /community/extensions/InlineImages/image.php?AttachmentID=## has content-length=0

UPDATE: well I think I've just found the error: the new constant IN_VANILLA is defined in appg/settings.php but the test if (!defined('IN_VANILLA')) exit(); in image.php is before the include of settings.php so IN_VANILLA is never defined and the script always exits.
    Just move the test after include('../../appg/settings.php');
    and everything works fine
  • Options

boagworld, Oct 1st 2006

I am getting a very strange problem with the attachment 2.0 plugin. It works perfectly on my local environment but I am having problems on the live server. In firefox is behaves itself, adds the attachment and submits the comment. However in IE 6 it adds the attachment and the comment BUT then throws an error post.php saying that the page cannot be found. Has anybody else encountered this? Files are identical (apart from settings) between local and remote. I dont get why it wont work in IE but will in firefox. Maybe a javascript problem? HELP!

I have the exact same problem! The problem shows when I activate Attachments 2.0... Pls help!
  • Options
    problems with attachments 2.0, it tells me it was made for vanilla 1.01,, and wont run on the current version...
This discussion has been closed.