HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2021.012 is now available

13»

Comments

• So it does not get announced that is has been released here because of big fixes you think?

• I possibly meant to put a like on your message not a laugh

• CyrilCyril New
    edited September 27

I tried downloading Vanilla 2021.012 but it knocks out an error. Maybe it's because of vpn? I need everything to work quickly because I'm running time tracking software and I'm afraid that there may be some crashes when loading Vanilla 2021.012

• meshugymeshugy Musician/Hacker ✭✭
    edited September 30

I just upgraded to 2021.012 and everything works fine. The only issue I've come across so far is that embedded links no longer get positioned correctly in posts. They get bumped way down the page, see: https://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/18183/nando-reinhardt-martin-taylor-duet-on-vamp#latest

I use a custom skin so that's part of the problem. I'd imagine there's something in the richeditorstyles that can be modified to correct this. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

M

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It requires additional effort to do the open source release. I assume no one higher in the chain is asking for it, and their most senior developer who was piloting those releases left the company. The good news is that I understand there's a fairly straightforward process, so whenever someone wants they can pick up the torch relatively easily.

Vivant
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin

It looks like they're releasing the cloud version every 1-2 weeks.

Realistically, I wouldn't do an open source release that often. Cloud releases are instant, low-labor, and low-communication when compared to an open source release that thousands of folks need to track. It would be perfectly reasonable to pick a less frequent cadence. Only real issue is they haven't said they were doing that so then folks wonder why they are behind.

Vivantkhilow3
  • DarkijahDarkijah New
    edited October 12

Well... the installation went pretty good... And it looked like everything was doing good, but then I found out there was some links breaking at the top. Sigh I guess my brain is fried for today, just trying out different forums.

Well at least it did the installation fine and looked like it was doing good, at least better then the last one I tried. Sad... I wonder what is wrong, if it could not handle turning off the . something file in the installation. Or if some kind of settings needs to be done on the PHP server side.

Most of the top links in the topbar are broke... Anyway https://vanilla.JesusGod-Pope666.Info will be up for a small amount of time with the issue at the top. It is nearing bed time.

• I made another link and another database and tried to include the . file thing which name alludes me.

It seemed to do the work.

https://vanilla2.JesusGod-Pope666.Info

So I guess... It would have something to do with my server settings in regards of PHP on the other forum which does not work???