Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mark > Teh Jakes

omfgomfg New
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Pardon my annoyance but the Jakes over at YH go on this tangent about how they are ready to start making the new Yay. Ask for input, and when they get like 200 replies in 3 hours about what should change, they say they are going to ignore the thread :\ What a bad attitude.

Props to Mark for spending time actually caring what people have to say.

PS.. o8 should start backup.. I'll host it :x

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks, but in all fairness: If I was a millionaire, I'd probably ignore what you guys were saying, too :)
  • Options
    Jerk!

Bleh, I stopped looking at Threadless after just 3 months because their business model seemed so blatantly sinister. Let kids do all the hard work, capitalize, do nothing..

I'm still weary of that whole concept. At least now they are getting some fat cash but all those who started it just got 3-5 free tshirts... and they probably made a couple grand off each design to date.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I feel like an idiot for not starting a store years ago.
  • Options
    omfgomfg New
    edited July 2005
    I'm starting one but for archival based prints. We are doing fine art instead of cliche tshirt slogans. I'm really excited. I have an Epson 7600 and 2200 in house. Tons of canvas, double matte, semi gloss, gloss.. you name it, it's ready to go.

Coding is the only problem. I run a webhosting business, work 9 to 5, and try to have a life. Something that should have only taken a month has taken 3...

Of course some of that time is devoted to working out copyright issues and so forth. Being legal is ideal..

In the future people will be able to submit prints to a specific section and then others can vote on them and have them printed.

Anywhere from 4x6 to 24x36.
  • Options
    If you want to buddy up and help out. I extend the offer.

Also, little known fact, I keep thinking about hiring you to write the code anyways :X

I've always been a fan of your software projects.
  • Options
    i have a feeling that yh is gonna supernova sometime really soon... it's been going for a really long time and it just can't keep up like this.
  • Options
    The discussion thread on new features didn't work out so well. It was more like 'The new YH has always sucked, bring back the old one.'

:[
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The last thing I read on YH was some moron saying that Vanilla was a complete rip-off of yayhooray, and that he couldn't tell the difference between the two. I laughed out loud and closed my browser.
  • Options
    Yea the new kids are ill informed.
  • Options
    yh is kind of a hub of alot of pissed off people... i finally decided a couple of weeks ago to stop going there... at least for awhile.
  • Options
    yeah i am feeling pretty clean since i've mostly stopped going/posting at yh
  • Options
    I check in there for about two minutes per day now but really can't tolerate 95% of the people there anymore. and nothing even approaching productive goes on anymore. I'd say the place is probably more trite than o8 ever was at this point.

my favorite, though, is that they took away the search! it's just gone! cool.

enough h8, though. the place still serves a purpose I suppose.
  • Options
    The purpose of making my day go by way fast because I spend 2-3 minutes waiting for a page to load, thus after a few views / posts, I'm almost through an hour :x
  • Options
    i have a feeling that yh is gonna supernova sometime really soon
    Guess why I wanted to come here?
  • Options
    guess why i am here :p
  • Options
    hey dude! /me high 5's jan12 bout time we got a couple of skaters in here
  • Options
    This forum has sweet development threads interspersed with random musings. It makes me feel smart talking about nothing..
  • Options
    great, now close the doors to immigration before the real fucktards start trying to get in! this isn't supposed to be a general use forum anyway, is it?
  • Options
    hey guess who has powers to approve applications?
  • Options
    well we are in random unipus :|
This discussion has been closed.