Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

JQmedia

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
JQmedia

Comments

• Bloody hell Schiz! Shall give this one a go pronto :)
  • Does it pick up BBCode [url=...][/url] links?
  • it doesn't matter. It works on the client side. it transform any links in messages with youtube, google... video url into youtube, google... video
  • Uploaded version 0.1 of JQMedia.
  • I can't seem to get this to work. Tried setting and unsetting JQuery etc.

I tested a post here

Any ideas?
  • I seem to have screwed up.

I installed without jquery. On realising, I uninstalled the extention and installed jquery. Then I re-enabled jqmedia. Tried another test post but doesnt seem to have worked.

Anyone knw what might have happened?
  • For any extension problems in gneneral and JQ extension problems in particular, *please* include a link to your forum. This allows us to check several things right off the bat without having to ask you further questions.

JQ extensions are sensitive to the order of activation with some other extensions. We can check this from your forum HTML headers quickly (if you include a link...) and make sure that this simple solution isn't all that's needed.

A link directly to a post that isn't working as expected is even better!
  • I managed to get the extension to work. Two things:

1. Why is there an enormous gap after the video (see here) ?
    2. Is it possible to add a video (using above method) AND a simple link to a page in YouTube?

I only ask because when I added a link to a user page (i.e. not a video) the add-on tried to return a video and got locked in an infinite loop.

Cheers...
  • I just noticed. On Firefox there is a huge gap after the video, on IE6 the video screws up the html of the page and scrunches it all up to the right of the box.

What's happening?
  • @Schiz, breaks with prototype and moofx. Here's the fix:

Line 66 from $VideoScript = '<script>$(document).ready(function(){';To $VideoScript = '<script type="text/javascript">(function($) { $(document).ready(function(){';
    And line 78 from $VideoScript .= '});</script>';To $VideoScript .= '});})(jQuery)</script>';
  • I don't really know what that did, but I altered the code, and I still get a scrunched up post (see here) in IE6
  • @Obvious the huge space is because u have 3 break tags after it. take em out. looks like u deleted external.png as well Regarding IE6 OK its because the float isn't being cleared in IE, and the stuff that supposed to be below youtube are now on its side It will take me some time to fix this. I tried it before, made it work in firefox, but didn't check IE @Vaz, whats ur forum url? Stash thanks I'll fix that where did u get that fix. the jQuery documentation gives a different discussion
  • I got it from the jQuery docs... /me goes and looks at them again...
  • The 3rd example on this page --> http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries
    <html> <head> <script src="prototype.js"></script> <script src="jquery.js"></script> <script> jQuery.noConflict(); // Put all your code in your document ready area jQuery(document).ready(function($){ // Do jQuery stuff using $ $("div").hide(); }); // Use Prototype with $(...), etc. $('someid').style.display = 'none'; </script> </head> <body></body> </html>
  • Uploaded version 0.2 of JQMedia.
  • Uploaded version 0.2 of JQMedia.
  • OK guys should work in IE. Tested in IE7 Applied Stash fix as well
  • How about this problem I mentioned:
    2. Is it possible to add a video (using above method) AND a simple link to a page in YouTube?

I only ask because when I added a link to a user page (i.e. not a video) the add-on tried to return a video and got locked in an infinite loop.

Cheers...
  • so u want 2 links
    one should be a video but the other should not.

btw this extension is artificially limited to only work in comments
    show me the url where the infinite loop occurs
  • Can't seem to get it to work on our forum:

http://younggogetter.com/forum/discussion/1495/testing-video-embed/

JQuery 1.1.3 and JQMedia 0.2 are both enabled.