Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notifi

Comments

• I wanted to second the suggestions from Daniel_SJ from September 30th (which weren't answered, btw) that it would be great if the email sent had the commenter listed in the From: field and the subject of the comment in the Subject: field. Another complaint our users were making is that the emails sent are HTML-formatted. Is there an easy way to choose text-only messages? Thanks for a very useful extension!
  • Well I could make an option to send in HTML format or plaintext. No problem.
  • Thanks, SubJunk. Are you releasing any other versions before 2.0?
  • I wasn't planning on it because I think the current version is stable, but if any bugs are discovered I will release a bugfix ASAP.
  • Uploaded version 1.8.2 of Notifi.
  • This is just a quick bugfix release; it is always my policy to fix bugs ASAP but don't worry there are still great features coming with version 2.0 soon :)
  • Hi SubJunk. Great add-on, thanks! Just wanted to know if you have any plans on releasing a new version with spode's suggestion that you are automatically subscribed to any discussion you post in? If you're busy I'd me happy to figure out how to make that work and send you a patch. Just let me know if you're working on it... Avital.
  • Another thing - If a forum doesn't have categories enabled it still shows the option to 'Subscribe to category' on the left panel. Again, as before, I'd be happy to change this -- just let me know if you want me to hack at it.
  • Hi avital, yes that feature will be out in version 2.0, most suggestions people have made will be released with that version. Of course if you don't want to wait you can feel free to add whatever features you want, that's what open source is all about :)
    Can you explain what you mean by "doesn't have categories enabled"? I didn't realize that option existed, or is it an extension that allows that to happen?
  • It's not an extension. Under Settings -> Allow discussions to be categorized. I'll try to create a patch for the so-called "spode feature" so that you can continue working calmly on v2.0. Thanks! :)
  • Interesting, I've never done that before (removed categories). I'll check it out.
  • Sorry for the double post. I was having trouble with this "Text-only mode".
  • SubJunk, can you let me know if there will be any way to have the email From: and Subject: fields more specifically describe the content itself? We have a number of mailing-list holdouts who would like that kind of detail in the notification emails. Also, any ETA (even a general ballpark date) on version 2.0? Cheers!
  • Hi jmcnally, yes that feature will be offered with version 2.0. Obviously it is not something everyone will want so there will be a toggle in the admin settings.
    And an ETA is a week, that is a rough estimate.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I can't wait, really looking forward to this add on
  • SubJunk, thanks! Can't wait to try it out. Appreciate all of your work on this!
  • Yup - looking forward to it. TY SubJunk.
  • I have found a huge bug with this addon, a possible security threat.
  • Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "modify the query string"? Which query string? Are you talking about a SQL injection?
    From what I can see what you have said doesn't show any security threats other than showing your server directory structure, which could let a hacker find a security threat by knowing where to look, but no security hole in Notifi.
    If you want to stop the directory structure from being visible if people are poking around you can turn off that error reporting on your server, servers should really have that turned off in the first place.
  • Dookie -

If the issue is as bad as you say, the sensible thing would have been to PRIVATE MESSAGE SubJunk, so he could add the security fix into the next issue. Now this is publicly known, you are opening everyone using this extension up to abuse...