HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Tutorial/Documental Site

Comments

• JongosJongos
    edited January 2012

@dodgerid

I'm not so sure about what is it that is called "hook".

So from my explanation do I understand "hook" and "event" correctly.

Like, which is event, and which is hook, and which is event hook.

I get the concept, but not the semantics.

• Im not that up on it either, but as I understand it:

The Event is the Happening
    The Hook is what we capture the Event with when/as it occurs.
    and
    The Event Hook to me would be the Event of Hooking the Event. Or the Appropriate Hook for a particular Event.
    (Hoping this is not to ambiguous.)

Think of the old western films with the steam trains and the mail bags, the train goes past the pole with the hook on and the hook automatically takes the bag.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Jongos said:
    @hbf

Google's Prettify does not work.

Maybe you could try deactivate the plugin, and try install it manually.

ie. Just include the javascript and css into the header by editing the template.

http://google-code-prettify.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/README.html

i'll take a look.

• @sahotataran added a page on Models list.

A job very well done.

http://www.homebrewforums.net/vanillawiki/index.php/Models

• 422422 Developer MVP

Lookin gooder ;)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

I added folder structure as well :D

• JongosJongos
    edited February 2012

:) didn't notice that, that's uber cool...

guys, while adding classes to the custom event hooks table, I didn't know how to hook to events located in a view file...

My guess is it depends on what controller calls that view, right?

A view that belongs to controller A, could be called by controller B or C.

The context inside a view file change depending on the object that import it, i believe.

Need input on this.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

Jongos said:
    guys, while adding classes to the custom event hooks table, I didn't know how to hook to events located in a view file...

thats correct - it depends on which Controller you are calling

The context inside a view file change depending on the object that import it, i believe.

Thats correct too. - depends on what data you pass to a view - it will display data according to that.

if you are confused about the events - how they depend on a controller check the eventi plugin - it will list all the events which are called on a page - and how they are called.

DiscussionsController_BeforeRenderAsset_Handler will be different than DiscussionController_BeforeRenderAsset_Handler

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

This needs more exposure!

• sahotataran said:

Jongos said:

thats correct - it depends on which Controller you are calling

Thats correct too. - depends on what data you pass to a view - it will display data according to that.

if you are confused about the events - how they depend on a controller check the eventi plugin - it will list all the events which are called on a page - and how they are called.

DiscussionsController_BeforeRenderAsset_Handler will be different than DiscussionController_BeforeRenderAsset_Handler

Thanks, so i guess the column class/function should be left empty in the "event hooks" page....

• excellent!

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I just checked out some of the new content.... Wow.
    Wow.
    Wow, wow. That's really awesome.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said:
    Maybe in a month or so. Doing eighteen hour days to get new site launched.
    Fortunately our 422 project which cost upwards of 350k to develop has a lot of functionality we can shoehorn into new framework.

I am project managing at the moment, of the 100+ templates ive made, only about a dozen left to do...

Soon as new site is solely in the php guys hands, i will get more involved here. I really like what you guys have done though.

Well done.

If you want to display hierarchal charts you could use, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4151695/html/jOrgChart/example/example.html

Ste

finally got a chance to check out the jOrgChart. that's pretty slick. i'll have to work that into something :)

i look forward to seeing this new project when it's unveiled!

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

BTW - I checked and MW shows the code prettify as installed. I'm thinking the issue is with the default minify settings.. looking in to how to disable that. doubt i'll close it tonight, but you can use the syntaxhighlight, pre or code tags at this point.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited February 2012

ok so i install geshi syntax highlighting... it's a little less automated, but it seems more stable than the google code prettify syntax highlighter.

syntax is
    < syntaxhighlight lang="php"> < /syntaxhighlight >

• 422422 Developer MVP

@hbf added a sneak peek in the off topic area

• JongosJongos
    edited February 2012

@hbf it works...

but the font is too small.... maybe some tweak on the css would fix it.

there shouldn't be a leading space in the tag or else the Js won't recognise the tag.

<code>

<syntaxhighlight lang="php">

</syntaxhighlight>

</code>

it has to be wrapped with <code> tag, outside of it. won't work with <pre>.

• @hbf

.php.source-php .de1, .php.source-php .de2 {
        background:none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        font:1.0em/1.2em monospace;
        margin:0;
        padding:0;
        vertical-align:top;
    }

changing the font line to 1.2em/1.4em monospace seems to make it at a nice size.

and one more problem, the long lines not wrapping.

just add "white-space: pre-wrap;" to the css.

• JongosJongos
    edited February 2012

anyone supporting this wiki project could help by giving it more exposure thru google by putting link to it on their sites...

so far this forum is the only website in the whole web linking to it. no way it would show up on the first page of a google search especially when 'vanilla', 'garden' and 'dashboard' is a very generic term.

it will also help HBF raise his forums pagerank.

maybe mentioning it on google plus could help too...

• I've added it to the default.master.tpl of my site under the powered by vanilla line, where it will stay forever more.

I may post on a couple of forums when I get a chance and will write a couple of articles on it too.