HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I localise/translate Vanilla easily?*

Comments

• magrufmagruf New
    edited April 2013

Yes just download this.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vf_ca_es-locale

Afterthat change the content of dash_core, definitions and site_core.php with Turkish content.

Apply this.

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['vf_ca_ES'] = 'ca-ES';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'ca-ES';

That's it...

• @peregrine said:
    not the best idea, but a solution.

but. I tend to think it is not a problem with the turkish locale, but with your installation and the removal of .ini files.

And your config.php may have duplicate locales in it that you may be overlooking.

Shouldn't be becouse everytime I delete VF folder and DB from server and open a new one ...

• We both know the Turkish transiflex works fine on local host servers. The only issue so far is you had a problem, until someone else experiences the same problem as you by installing the normal way, I would suggest they use standard installation procedures.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• IsWritable should not fail though if the framework is loaded properly. So it might be some particularly nasty difficult to reproduce php bug, that is specific to his version an specific to his specific circumstances.

it is not saying the file is not writeable or something is wrong, it is saying it can't find IsWritable.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    IsWritable should not fail though if the framework is loaded properly. So it might be some particularly nasty difficult to reproduce php bug, that is specific to his version an specific to his specific circumstances.

it is not saying the file is not writeable or something is wrong, it is saying it can't find IsWritable.

agreed! I see your point.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• it might be something outside of vanilla that is interfering too. .

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

bootstrap.before.php is pretty much the earliest you can define something, and it didn't work. If something is called outside of that, it seems to me external from normal operations or can't be properly defined.

grep is your friend.

• remziremzi
    edited April 2013

transfixin çevirisini doğru düzgün kullanan olmadığı için düzeltmiyollar ben de çok uğraştım.

Translation:
    transfixin for not using a proper translation of the düzeltmiyollar I tried so hard.
  • Actually, I do not know the technical point but if you think that is a real bug I can report it to Gıthub...Do you think it regards with Rerver settings or something different, I can try it in different server...

@remzi, Çeviri ile ilgili midir bilemiyorum ama bir sorun var ama bir şekilde aştık şimdilik.

• gunixgunix New
    edited April 2013

I have same problem. Is it possible because of softaculous?
    I didn't install VF manually. I used softaculous for install VF.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function IsWritable() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/forum/library/core/class.filesystem.php on line 271

Fatal error: Call to undefined function IsWritable() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/forum/library/core/class.filesystem.php on line 271

PHP 5.3.23
    MySQL 5.5.30-cll-lve
    Apache 2.2.24

Now, I'm trying to install VF manually.

Edit: Same problem :|

• gunixgunix New
    edited April 2013

@magruf did you report this bug (or whatelse)?>

And thanks:

@magruf said:
    Yes just download this.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vf_ca_es-locale

Afterthat change the content of dash_core, definitions and site_core.php with Turkish content.

Apply this.

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['vf_ca_ES'] = 'ca-ES';

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'ca-ES';

That's it...

• @gunix No I did not report yet.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

copy and paste this line to a file e.g. mylocalecheck.php

<?php system('locale -a') ?>

can you display your results.

you create your own locale

Also a better way to create a more intuitive Turkish Locale (instead of hiding it in catalan spanish locale).

If you follow these exact steps in this order - you may have something that shows Turkish as your locale

• gunixgunix New
    edited April 2013

@peregrine
    I did exactly what you said but still same error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function IsWritable() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxx/vanilla/library/core/class.filesystem.php on line 271

And I couldn't upload file which has system() command in PHP.
    Also I tried to upload another file which has exec() command but I couldn't.
    I think server remove these files cause of security policy.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

Sorry I added the wrong zip try this

Also a better way to create a more intuitive Turkish Locale (instead of hiding it in catalan spanish locale).

If you follow these exact steps in this order - you may have something that shows Turkish as your locale

1) completely remove these folders from locale
    vf_ca_ES
    vf_tr_TR
    2) install the attached zip file under
    locales
    it will create a folder called
    locales/Turkish
    3) add these statements
    $Configuration['EnabledLocales']['Turkish'] = 'tr-TR';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'tr-TR'; 

in your dashboard you should see the enabled turkish translation.

'Description' => 'peregrine mod Turkish language

see if the above works - it will help track down bug.

• gunixgunix New
    edited April 2013

What I did:

1-) Install new VF.

2-) Upload the attached zip file to locales folder.

3-) Enable Turkish Transifex from Dashboard.

4-) Set default locale as tr-TR

5-) Add (edit) two lines in /conf/config.php

_// EnabledLocales_

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['Turkish'] = 'tr-TR';

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'tr-TR';

And result:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function IsWritable() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxx/vanilla/library/core/class.filesystem.php on line 271

• that is interesting - yet when you copy all the files into catalan it works for you correct!

• Yep. :) I don't know why but it's work.
    Just there is a notice on dashboard.

Your default locale won't display properly until it is enabled below. Please enable the following: .

Thanks for your help.

• One more test if you want :)

go into

vanilla/locales/Turkish/defintions.php

and change

$LocaleInfo['Turkish'] = array (
      'Locale' => 'tr-TR',
      'Name' => 'Turkish Transifex Modification',
      'Description' => 'peregrine mod Turkish language translations for Vanilla. Help contribute to this translation by going to its translation site <a href="https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/language/tr_TR/">here</a>.',
      'Version' => '2012.10.23p1110',
      'Author' => 'Vanilla Community',
      'AuthorUrl' => 'https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/language/tr_TR/',
    );

to:

$LocaleInfo['Turkish'] = array (
      'Locale' => 'zz-ZZ',
      'Name' => 'Turkish Transifex',
      'Description' => 'Turkish language translations for Vanilla. Help contribute to this translation by going to its translation site <a href="https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/language/tr_TR/">here</a>.',
      'Version' => '2012.10.05p1534',
      'Author' => 'Vanilla Community',
      'AuthorUrl' => 'https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/language/tr_TR/',
    );

remove all other directories in Locales  - so you only have

locales/Turkish
    locales/Skeleton

remove all statements in config starting with

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] 

then add 
    $Configuration['EnabledLocales']['Turkish'] = 'zz-ZZ';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'zz-ZZ';

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I'm just trying to help you guys with Turkish mysteries.

If you want to test the above you might help future Turkish countrymen. But that's your choice.

if no response I'm giving up trying to help you guys.