HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback for Discussion Polls

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Hello!

Please leave any feedback you have for Discussion Polls here.

Thanks for trying my plugins!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited August 2013

Looking really good.

One observation:

If a user clicks the 2nd question arrow, they are then unable to save the poll if they leave it blank.

and one question:

How hard would it be to also add the poll to the Panel? (i.e. is it worth my fiddling about to try and get it to happen, or is there a good reason not to try?)

My forum tends to have quite a lot of long threads, and users almost never read all the way back, so the polls would end up not being seen.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@whu606 said:
    If a user clicks the 2nd question arrow, they are then unable to save the poll if they leave it blank.

I never thought about this case. I will incorporate it into 1.1.

@whu606 said:
    How hard would it be to also add the poll to the Panel?

Do you mean instead of in the first discussion? I plan on implementing a module in a subsequent release. It should be relatively easy once I add the AJAX voting in. Or are you referring to a poll that is in the panel on every page?

Feel free to fiddle around with it. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Version 1.0.1 was released.

Changed the way validation works to prevent discussion duplication as well as polls being attached to the wrong discussion.

Search first

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@hgtonight

Do you mean instead of in the first discussion? I plan on implementing a module in a subsequent release. It should be relatively easy once I add the AJAX voting in. Or are you referring to a poll that is in the panel on every page?

Yes, I meant that the poll relating to the discussion would appear in the panel only for that discussion, rather than (or as well as) appearing in the first post of the thread.

Version 1.2 was released.

I added the ability to disable poll titles, fully themeable views (thanks @x00), fixed a few regressions the themed views brought, added partial poll submission support (thanks again x00), fixed bug with /utility/structure (thanks @shadowdare, poll submission is now AJAXified, empty questions are now disregarded.

Update as usual: disable plugin, upload the new files, and enable again.

Search first

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭
    edited September 2013

@hgtonight

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If i wanna ask Is It delicious?

I must type 3times.

For avoid needless duplication.

I think that is better to allowed user to leave a blank Discussion Poll Title and Discussion Poll Questions.

It will be more user frendly.

@jeongwee Check out version 1.2 and head to the settings page to disable the poll title.

Search first

okay

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

you fixed the null question issue in version 1.2, now we still have the null option issue. :)

@hgtonight

Re

plugin Version 1.2
    vanilla 2.0.18.8
    same problem in problem with options occurs in 2.2.2.3 also.

e.g.

I choose option 1 and 2
    click at add option 3

change my mind and decide to not enter option 3. (there is no recovery).

error message:

You must enter valid text for option #3 in question #3

I think if you just ignore blank options (it would be more user-friendly). One more tweak....

(as long as sequential contiguous options e.g. (1,2,3,4,5, etc are filled in) it should ignore 6 7 8 9 if not filled in).

error message:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited September 2013

@hgtonight
    something wrong with the layout, it was no problem when im using 1.1

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

I don't see jeongwee 's problem in default theme or embed theme in vanilla 2.0.18.8 with plugin version 1.2

might be @jeongwee theme related or vanilla version related in post above - he mentions neither. :) Maybe he will re-edit and add what environment he is testing in.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited September 2013

:) edited

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@jeongwee

custom theme

see if you have problem in default theme and fix css positioning accordingly if default theme positions correctly with your version of vanilla.

formatting works fine in default theme in vanilla 2.2.2.3

edited September 2013

:) edited

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think he customized the default theme and has no original default theme to test on ....

@jeongwee, if this is true , I suggest you rename the default and download a new copy of the default so you can have an un edited version to test on .

• @vrijvlinder said:
    I think he customized the default theme and has no original default theme to test on ....

jeongwee, if this is true , I suggest you rename the default and download a new copy of the default so you can have an un edited version to test on .

woe to the people who modify default theme - they can never test properly.

edited September 2013

lol at myself....=) just realize we were not testing same version..... i accident uploaded to wrong floder........ ..

+1 with @peregrine 's feedback http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/192189#Comment_192180

I completely spaced on better option validation. Expect it in 1.2.1.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Search first

Version 1.2.1 was released.

I added robust option validation, ajax spinners, and a minor css tweak to keep things consistent.

Update as usual: disable plugin, upload the new files, and enable again.

Search first