Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Articles / Blog App: Make It Happen!

Comments

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

@jeongwee said:
    Shadowdare can we set it as the homepage which people should see first when they visit our site.

You can set any page as the landing page by changing the DefaultController route

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

oh got it thx

• @jeongwee said:
    Shadowdare can we set it as the homepage which people should see first when they visit our site.

It's the DefaultController route and there will be an option to set articles index as homepage easily.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited September 2013

Here is a screenshot of the articles settings page so far. This is a real screenshot and not a mockup.

If anyone has any questions, others and I will be glad to answer them. If you would rather send your questions about this application in a private message, you may do so, but commenting in this discussion is preferred.

edited October 2013

@Bleistivt, thank you! We're at $255 now. That's 51% of the way there!

Everyone, here's some more info:

Anyone looking to support this proposal doesn't have to send in money right away. You only have to make a public pledge of any amount in this discussion. When enough people have made a pledge to bring the total up to $500 or more, I will write a post letting you all know to send them in via PayPal.

There's no deadline on when the application will be released, so when enough pledges are received, I will create a public GitHub repo for the development of this application so that other developers and designers may collaborate and support this application, and so those who have made pledges may follow along with the development until it's ready to be released.

If anyone has any questions, other members and I will be glad to answer them!

• is it easy to allow users to submit posts? if so, im am in for 10usd.

• @marek747, you will be able to allow users to submit posts by role permissions. Thank you!

We're now at $265, everyone!

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited October 2013

Come on guysn' girls, bring your love to this extensions. Its not very expensive, rise your bets!! :)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • ohgotohgot New
    edited November 2013

@Shadowdare said:
    marek747, you will be able to allow users to submit posts by role permissions. Thank you!

We're now at $265, everyone!

Thanks and waiting for marvelous Shadowdare.
    Great feedback of @peregrine and @hgtonight.
    I like it for our community users.
    If someone goes $35 to make it $300 , i go $50.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

if someone provides me with a concrete, accurate answer to this issue

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25317/submit-comment-creates-new-comment-box-without-submitting

then i will go in for $40. Otherwise it would be a waste of money, since i'll be switching platforms to phpBB or IPBoard as soon as i get a good target set up and conversion. (If i can solve the issue, i will stop working on the conversion)

• @hbf said:
    if someone provides me with a concrete, accurate answer to this issue

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25317/submit-comment-creates-new-comment-box-without-submitting

@hbf
    You're Good people.
    May God bless you.

• angophoraangophora New
    edited November 2013

Hi, I pledge $50.

Will it work with the Markdown input formatter, and the ImageUpload plugin? I not, I guess that would be a feature request :)

• @angophora said:
    Hi, I pledge $50.

Will it work with the Markdown input formatter, and the ImageUpload plugin? I not, I guess that would be a feature request :)

$265 + @angophora $50 = $315

Ok, If someone goes $35 to make it $300 , i go $50.

$315 + @ohgot $50 = $365

We're now at $365

edited November 2013

@ohgot, thank you very much.

@angophora, thank you. The current plan is to start out with HTML first with custom HTML input filters as Vanilla's HTML filters strip out some markup that would be useful for articles and include a WYSIWYG editor that will make using HTML much easier.

For image uploads, the current plan is to code a custom image uploading feature similar to the FileUpload plugin for the application.

• angophoraangophora New
    edited November 2013

Hi Shadowdare, thank you. Might I comment that perhaps making the editing not too different from regular threads (with the selected InputFormatter and other entry plugins) would be an advantage? It would (I assume) be less coding work, and it would be less support effort for anyone trying to encourage their current site members to write more structured and organized articles. I've been there with Wordpress and won't be doing that again.

My pledge stands of course, whatever you decide is best for the plugin. Perhaps I can help with some of the coding at some point. I'm only just starting with Vanilla (love what I've seen so far!) so won't promise too much.

Thank you again.

• ohgotohgot New
    edited November 2013

@Shadowdare you're most welcome

not only for eArticle

this application for eBlog eZine eNews too

strongly agree with @angophora

as simple as possible

in order our community users to write/publish beside discussion/question

thanks everyone

• if you want to format per requirement

Gdn_Format::Auto() formats to the current formatter, and you can use a column for format type. Gdn_Format::To(Body,Format)

grep is your friend.

• Raelly anyone could fork the HtmlLaw plugin based on their requirement an create their own formatter. You could all allow Raw formatting (no formatting) for the Article itself. Although it is something you would take care of, not in a community blog scenario.

grep is your friend.