Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Articles / Blog App: Make It Happen!

Comments

• @x00

thanks so much for

just migrated from Mybb

still getting familiar with vanilla

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

bump! in case anyone missed this discussion.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes, don't drop the ball people , I already had my bookie place a bet for the best app this year....

• MudRacingMudRacing New
    edited December 2013

@Shadowdare, to what extent is the development?
    Have you already put online a beta demo?

EDIT: can import articles from vBulletin CMS? o:)

• pledge 20$

• Hi! I wish I could help by funding but unfortunately I cannot but I would love to see this application released, and if it'll be on github anytime soon I'd love to fork it and send pull requests. This is just what my community needs!

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Aviram: if you already have a community, you may tell them what great feature they could have, if only they donate a dollar. Then you could tell us what amount your community stand for and maybe you are the one who pays what's left to the needed $500 ;)

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited December 2013

@MudRacing said:
    Shadowdare, to what extent is the development?
    Have you already put online a beta demo?

EDIT: can import articles from vBulletin CMS? o:)

@MudRacing, the development currently is as it was shown in the screenshots earlier in this discussion. What was shown in the screenshot was initially a test to see what can be done in Vanilla. I plan to either build upon the current code or create a new application in which some of the code will be reused of course.

As for importing articles from vBulletin CMS, I'm not able to add this feature for the initial release since I don't have experience with vBulletin CMS and there are other features to add first.

@aky004, thank you so much! We are now at $385! That's 77% of the way to $500!

@Aviram, thank you! When the total amount of pledges passes $500, I will set up a GitHub repo for the development.

Also, a lot of other work has come up recently for me, so I can't guarantee a time of arrival for the initial release, so thanks so much to those from the community who would like to help as the application will be a huge project to take on!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• @R_J ,
    My community already runs on donations and it's barely enough sadly, if I'd ask for donations for just a new addon I think the donations will only decrease more (We got banned from AdSense for "bad traffic" , not quite sure why).

as for me I have personal issues that I have to hold my funds tight, I'm really sorry I cannot donate any cash..

• Come on $115

Goals Not Too Far Away

edited January 2014

@Lincoln said:
    I also don't see "revision management" in that list which is a whole other can of worms.

I've been thinking about a "revision management" feature. It will take a lot of code to implement, but I'll at least work out the database structure so that the functionality may be added in later on.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Shadowdare I dunno if the Change Log is up for that level of use, but you might wanna check it out before rebuilding similar functionality.

edited January 2014

If anyone has any questions about this app, please feel free to leave a comment even if you aren't able to make a pledge.

Perhaps some of you have ideas that's not already listed on what you would like to see in an articles app that would be useful and dazzling.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Btw: I confused Dollar with Euro and so I rise from 35 to 50$.
    Any other deranged Europeans here? ;)

• @R_J said:
    Btw: I confused Dollar with Euro and so I rise from 35 to 50$.
    Any other deranged Europeans here? ;)

So, We only short of $100

WOW !

Last hundred dollars of dream Articles/Blog App come true

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I will match any donations in the next 24 hours up to a max of $50.

Let's get this thing made!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hi, I'd forgotten about this. Is it still real?

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@angophora said:
    Hi, I'd forgotten about this. Is it still real?

I think it is quite real, but probably you meant "going on". :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

Funny thing about this, once it is released there will be hundreds of downloads and many people using it, but the very same people who will indeed use it, can't find $10 in their wallet, a bit of a shame for people who might find this useful for their communities.

might also be worth it to get sponsors from August to re-affirm, since this proposal has been going on for over six months.

for anyone intending to send me a donation in the next 24 hours - please send it to shadowdare.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.