HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

VanillaForums.org has a new home

TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Hi all,

We're in the process of moving some things around at Vanilla. Part of that involves changing how we host our sites. We're not 100% ready yet, but close enough to move vanillaforums.org over to the new servers as kind of a beta test.

I'd like to ask for your feedback over the next couple of days as we monitor the performance of the new site. Let me know if anything seems broken or strange, or if you notice a difference in speed.

Thanks, and I appreciate your patience today while the site has been up and down.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

ah that explains the Bonk ... maybe you were in the process of change :#

• Options

Test

• Options

Different... yet, somehow, the same.

• Options

@Tim I noticed that the search box is broken. Every single time you search something, it brings you to a blank page. Thanks, Tim! :)

• Options

Thanks, I still need to enable sphinx :)

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@TIM HEY WHEN DID WE GET A CLUSTER 14

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2014
    "file_get_contents(/usr/local/agent/conf/agent.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied"

LOCATION: /var/www/frontend/plugins/vfshared/library/class.infrastructure.php

142:             $path = C('Agent.Configuration', '/usr/local/agent/conf/agent.json');

Is popping up every now and then

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2014

There another issues where announcement aren't sticking to he top. I see a couple of discussions ahead of the announcements of course this when someone else replies to another discussion.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I also got the same fatal error @x00 posted above.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Yup R_J , I have to use other countries IP to access vanillaforums.org
    With my own IP I get that awful face the one that looks like .... And say something has gone wrong.
    But with and now I can't type because a hover page saying fatal error

• Options

Are you from Singapore? the sucky thing with Singapore is it so small all you need is one bad endpoint and the the whole country is blacklisted. Its IP range is small.

grep is your friend.

• Options

No I am from Persia, Tehran

• Options

@m_hmt said:
    No I am from Persia, Tehran

Ok I'm sure it is some defaults, or some historical bad exit node which can be reset.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Tim said:
    I'd like to ask for your feedback over the next couple of days

Answers are exceptionally insightful today B)

• Options

What ever; exactly now the problem solved. I am now talking with my own IP.
    Thanks anyway

• Options

I've made a change that hopefully will address the "Permission Denied" error. Can you let me know if you encounter it again?

• Options

@Tim; if you are with me; I am able to access the site now and i don't see that FATA ERROR notice also
    T H A N K S

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

search result page is dead :)

• Options

Activity page doesn't show all the panels it used to. Profile page doesn't show all the panels it used to. links from activity page are broken e.g.

http://vanillaforums.org/badge/comment

but you probably are aware of this. if not now you know.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.