HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

From Zero to Hosted in less than 5 Minutes! (My gift to y'all)

2»

Comments

• Gives me the same error

• This is how a Boxfile would look:

web1: name: vanilla php_version: 5.3.23 shared_writable_dirs: - conf/ - cache/ - uploads/ php_extensions: - pdo - pdo_mysql - mysql - mysqli - gd - curl - apc before_deploy: - "cp pagoda/config-defaults.php conf/config-defaults.php" - "cp pagoda/constants.php conf/constants.php" - "cp pagoda/locale.php conf/locale.php" db1: name: vanilla type: mysql

I already have a quickstart for 2.1b2

https://github.com/LucasKA/vanilla-pagodabox-quickstart-unstable

You can launch it here: https://pagodabox.com/q/1k5/go

But you're gonna get a 500 error. :(

• [Split]

But you're gonna get a 500 error. :(

Apache? We need a new topic or link to existing topic.

500 error is internal server error, which means : check the logs please

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I figured I would bump this in case someone is looking for a hosting solution/setup. 13 installs with no apparent issues. :D

• onreaonrea New
    edited January 2014

@LucasKA said:

>

13 installs with no apparent issues. :D

Here's users already have their own! It seems those 13 accounts have been only for test!

@LucasKA said:

>

This takes care of pretty much all the headaches of PagodaBox (cause I already went through them).

PagodaBox's installation method is handy, while their panels is really expensive comparing https://digitalocean.com/pricing

• @onrea said:
    Here's users already have their own! It seems those 13 accounts have been only for test!

I'm not 100% sure what you are saying here

@onrea said:
    PagodaBox's installation method is handy, while their panels is really expensive comparing https://digitalocean.com/pricing

Is this a plug for Digital Ocean? I tried it out and its nice if you want a barebones server. Pagoda is a nice PaaS aimed directly at PHP projects, and you are wrong about the pricing.

I run 3 different forums, one of them with a good consistent flow of traffic, and it costs me nothing each month. You can pay to scale it up, but 1 web instance and 1 database is FREE.

Digital Ocean doesn't have a 1-Click installer for Vanilla either. :P

• onreaonrea New
    edited January 2014

oh, I wasn't aware of PaaS! Now I tested it and was great. How it works? How can I do it from my github account for 2.0.18.10, because it's installing v2.0.18.8 now? how ever I'm more relax by a forked vanilla on my github account instead of an unofficial vanilla on another account. may you make it in details, please ?

I don't have any info about this kind of cloud service such as heroku.com, Amazon or pagoda, etc, just, I'd like to know do we have access to the root for adding plugins, editing files, themes, etc?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@LucasKA
    I run 3 different forums, one of them with a good consistent flow of traffic, and it costs me nothing each month. You can pay to scale it up, but 1 web instance and 1 database is FREE.

do you pay for domain, or is everything absolutely free including domain. I suppose i could look at site page but was just curious if you could summarize in a sentence or two. What a person needs to do besides signing up for free on pagoda. just curious.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @onrea

Soon I will have videos up answering questions and showing a Pagodabox workflow. They are upgrading their Dashboard and I don't want to make videos that will immediately be obsolete. But yes, you have Root access. Everything is done through Git.

@peregrine I pay for my domain, but you get an app-name.gopagoda.com url if you want to just try it out.

Sign up for an account, go to my quick start link https://pagodabox.com/q/1jx/go Fill out the database details and you have a new forum.

Adding plugins, modifying code, etc is done through Git. Once you have it set up, you just clone it on your machine, add the plugins to the folder, and push back up.

Again, when v2 releases I'll have videos.

• onreaonrea New
    edited January 2014

@LucasKA I tried for installing vanilla 2.0.18.10, but I get this error on:

You must have the MySQL driver for PDO enabled in order for Vanilla to connect to your database.

I have already create a database on pagoda, how to enable PDO for it on pagoda?

Also this errors:

chmod -R 777 /var/www/conf
    chmod -R 777 /var/www/uploads
    chmod -R 777 /var/www/cache

• This is why I made the quick start, to avoid all the quirks and issues of setting up on Pagodabox.

Install with the quick start.

When that finishes, go to the App control panel and clone that repository on your local machine.

• I've created one and cloned it. where is conf/config.php?! I need to edit it; how?

• Ok, you're progressing! :D

Pagodabox is a read only environment, so it marks a couple of directories as "shared writable", and that would be /conf, /cache and /uploads.

Go back to your Pagodabox dashboard, and Enable SSH. Then you can SSH into the server and get access to the /conf folder.

• onreaonrea New
    edited January 2014

@LucasKA said:
    Go back to your Pagodabox dashboard, and Enable SSH. Then you can SSH into the server and get access to the /conf folder.

Where's ssh settings?! I can just see an enable feature for SSL that is a paid-service. It asks me for my credit card details.

(I had added a ssh key to be able to clone)

• Under the Admin tab, there's a check mark to "Enable SSH to your writable directories"

• Sweet, this has 30 installs. I'm pretty happy about that. :sunglasses:

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

Very nice! It works.

• thanks