HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18.11 security release

2»

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think this was asked and answered before, basically if you are a developer and or webmaster or admin of a forum and using software, you are responsible for keeping an eye for updates and new releases.

Come around more often, in other words :)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@dfabulich said:
    I never received an email notification about this release. Should I have? Is there a mailing list I'm not on?

You can fill out the form on the download page to get the newsletter and release announcements.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

you can also sign up in your profile edit page by checking the option:

Subscribe to the VanillaForums.org Newsletter

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

A good feed to watch with your favorite RSS subscriber: http://vanillaforums.org/categories/blog/feed.rss

We only put the big stuff in that category.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

Actually, I am waiting on a change. That checkbox does not work. We use the MailChimp plugin, so new members are added, as are those who opt-in to hear from us when they download Vanilla. If you want to sign-up directly users can here: http://eepurl.com/FmdZD

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited April 2014

I should add, I do send a monthly newsletter and all major developments are shared. I have this one ready to go shortly. I am waiting on some things first before it's sent out...

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2014

@Adrian said:
    I am waiting on some things first before it's sent out...

I am so excited!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited May 2014

Hi folks,

All who haven't upgraded yet, do so. It saves a lot of time, then afterwards checking through infected files. ;)

If your Backend looks like this, it's already too late. :smiley:

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • So... do I install this as well as the V core?

• @ansego said:
    So... do I install this as well as the V core?

It is the core. if you are upgrading. You follow the normal upgrade instructions. if you are not upgrading you might consider 2.1, this is for 2.0.

grep is your friend.