Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bootstrap for vanilla 2.0?

I find all the versions of bootstrap work for 2.1 ... bootstrap 2.0, oldest version on github, works on vanilla 2.1+ but it says its a rewrite suggesting there were older versions.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I can't see a reason to use 2.0 at this point. Consider upgrading since 2.0 support will be dropped after Dec 2014.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• theres a specific plugin i want to use (anonymouse) with a bootstrap theme but the plugin doesnt work with vanilla 2.1, which is the required version for bootstrap.

• As @hgtonight the direction of travel is not in your favour. As 2.0 will no long be supported soon, that makes unlike that there will 2.0 plugin development.

grep is your friend.

@proct I would look into making anonymouse compatible with 2.1+

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@hgtonight said:
    proct I would look into making anonymouse compatible with 2.1+

My English is so bad! That's an offer, isn't it? ;)

@proct The version in GitHub is slightly newer than what is available in the addons repo.

Try that on 2.1: https://github.com/unlight/Anonymouse

Search first

• thanks hgtonight. unfortunetely it didnt work, same error where on "new discussion" it gives a blank page. i've tried to trouble shoot with all types of different category permissions thinking maybe it was that but no luck. if you can make this work with 2.1, that would be a lifesaver. thanks.

• slightly different take on things.

but would this work for you.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/incognito-plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine, that incognito add-on unfortunately doesn't allow guests to posts which is what I especially am looking for. With incognito it can only toggle "incognito" for members and other roles but not guests sadly.

I'm hoping anonymouse can be brought up to date somehow, its the perfect mix of simplicity and spam guarding (with its simple captcha thing).

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@proct

Unless some kind sole updates it, I think you may be hoping for a long time.

I'm not a fan of the concept of the plugin myself

It may not be possible it is not trivial to update, perhaps you can get a bunch of people to donate, and some developer will take it on.

if so, you might start off a pledge in another discussion, and it could be community sourced and someone might take it on.

I think it would be a real mistake not to upgrade to vanilla 2.1 just for that feature, but you know the needs of your community better. You will certainly miss out on so many other plugins and security features starting in December 2014, if you don't upgrade. but you know that. :wink:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited September 2014

If you really want to use the Bootstrap theme for Vanilla 2.0.x, you can find it attached. That's what I used to build our site, but keep in mind the following:

• It's a Beta theme. It was a Beta when I got it, and Kasper (the author) had put a note saying that he would not recommend using it in production. I didn't find significant issues with it, however I did a lot of work to adjust it to our needs.
    • It's based on Bootstrap 2. I tried porting it to Bootstrap 3, but "computer says no."
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin

Have you tried filing an issue on the Anonymouse repository? Pretty sure that's what it's for.

• @proct said:
    same error where on "new discussion" it gives a blank page

It's so easy to fix a blank page. If you troubleshoot that, it will be the best solution. Now you get stuck with 2.0.x while Vanilla is on 2.1.3, troubleshoot some more. Use error_reporting(E_ALL) in your index.php and see what happens

There was an error rendering this rich post.