Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

IPB 3.4.5 to Vanilla 2.1 - No Posts

Hello,

I am in the process of moving from IPB 3.4.5 to Vanilla 2.1. I ran through the process and everything appeared fine until I ran across an error that is preventing me from exporting Posts:

select t.*, case when t.description <> '' and p.post is not null then concat('<div class="IPBDescription">', t.description, '</div>', p.post) when t.description <> '' then t.description else p.post end as post, case when t.state = 'closed' then 1 else 0 end as closed, 'IPB' as Format, p.ip_address, p.edit_time , from_unixtime(start_date) as start_date_Date, from_unixtime(edit_time) as edit_time_Date from topics t left join posts p on t.topic_firstpost = p.pid where t.tid between -2000000000 and 2000000000;Unknown column 't.description' in 'field list'

Notice: Unknown column 't.description' in 'field list' in /home/mortal7/public_html/365players.com/forums/export/vanilla2export.php on line 1308

Has anyone seen this before?

Tagged:

Comments

• It's strange, but in your IPB database there's no column 'description' in your 'topics' table. Open your database with phpMyAdmin and doublecheck

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• cytraxcytrax New
    edited May 2014

@UnderDog said:
    It's strange, but in your IPB database there's no column 'description' in your 'topics' table. Open your database with phpMyAdmin and doublecheck

Thank you for responding, UnderDog.

That's the weird thing. I don't actually have "Topics" table in my database. I have 'posts' though so I'm thinking of adding a new column called description to see if that fools the porter.

---Edit---
    't.description' - This is referring to a table that I can't find. Something strange here...

• That didn't work. So obviously problem is with 't.description' - This is referring to a table that doesn't exit in IPB 3.4.5.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

I assume your IPB install is functional at the moment?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

I assume your IPB install is functional at the moment?

Thank you.

Yes, the IPB install is definitely fully functional.

Could you share the database table schema for your IPB board?

If you don't know what that is, I would like the output of the mysqldump database_name --compact --no-data command.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Could you share the database table schema for your IPB board?

If you don't know what that is, I would like the output of the mysqldump database_name --compact --no-data command.

Here it is, sir: http://pastebin.com/zUqet95T

Looks like they changed the db structure for that version. :(

The IPB class will prolly need to be tweaked.

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    Looks like they changed the db structure for that version. :(

The IPB class will prolly need to be tweaked.

MAAN! That was what I feared had happened. Thank you for confirming that.

I guess now I need to move resolution phase. whew!

• Did this ever get fixed? I'm getting the same error right now.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Looks like IPB optimized their database by moving the description field from the topics table to the posts table. I'm rolling a patch.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@cytrax Thanks for the database structure dump! Wouldn't have been able to puzzle it out otherwise.

• Thanks for the new version, but I'm still getting the same error...

http://pastebin.com/F3U1C0ta

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
  • It works! Awesome.

• edited December 2014

Notes:

• Profile photos didn't come across but that's okay I did them manually
    • No formatting or tags came across from quotes, so quoted posts just look like one long body of a post
    • HTML entities are messed up, for example: I & # 3 9 ; m just (but without spaces)
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin

Adding ?avatars=1 to the porter script URL before doing the export should dump avatars as well. I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs for IPB, but there's definitely code in there to handle it.

The porter looks like it is screwing up the format and Vanilla is sending your posts to plain text as a result. What does IPB use for formatting, BBCode? If so, try running these two queries on the new Vanilla database:

update GDN_Discussion set Format = 'BBCode';
    update GDN_Comment set Format = 'BBCode';

Then grab & enable the NBBC addon from the addon directory.

This should also fix the HTML entities, I suspect.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I've pushed the BBCode fix to GitHub, now.

• Awesome thanks, testing now.

BTW I ran make.php and the vanilla2export.php it created had an error. There's an errant letter 'x' on line 4003.