HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

error trying to import PHPBB

when I use the tool i get the following error message

The topics table is missing the following column(s): topic_replies

any help to fix this please

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Linc is maintaining this now.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I've actually handed it off to @initvector as of February. :)

• Options

Im getting the same thing, any ideas?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

What version of phpBB are you two using?

• Options
    initvectorinitvector Vanilla Staff

It looks like topic_replies is a required field in the phpbb2 and phpbb3 packages, but I only see references to it in the phpbb3 package.

I'm assuming you guys are using phpBB 2.*. Can you confirm?

In the meantime, I've nuked topic_replies as a requirement from the phpBB2 package.

• Options

Hi

Thanks for posting:

I have latest phpBB3 ( 3.1.4)

Ive done a full reset of my forum so its back to a vanilla install (no pun intended), no mods etc

The database is MySQL 5.5.42-cll

my site : www.pc-forums.co.uk

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Cruel_Coppinger Do you recall what version you started on? Maybe 3.1?

• Options

Hi Linc

It was probably before that, I think I set the site up on or around 2008/9 which according to wikipeadia is on the cusp of moving from v2.X to v3.X

• Options

Hi, any suggestions to help me get the conversion tool working. Im really keen to move our community over Vanilla but this is a major roadblock.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Cruel_Coppinger did you try the latest version @initvector updated here: https://github.com/vanilla/porter ?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

thanks, I'll try it out now and report back

• Options

me again

I download the latest release from github

uploaded it to a writeable folder

Navigated to /porter-master and ran make.php

This generated the valline2export.php file

I then loaded this up in my browser http://pc-forums.co.uk/porter-master/vanilla2export.php?

but unfortunately Im still getting the same error

"The topics table is missing the following column(s): topic_replies"

• Options

After digging into this a little more, it does appear phpBB 3.1 dropped the topic_replies column from the topics table.

I'll see what I can do about updating the phpBB 3 package to remove dependency on that column.

• Options

I've created a branch in the Porter repo for addressing this (and potentially other) phpBB 3.1 compatibility issues. You can find it here: https://github.com/vanilla/porter/tree/hotfix/phpbb31

When you can, please use the latest version there to attempt your migration and let me know if you still have issues.

Note: Removing topic_replies means CountComments in the discussion table will be regenerated towards the end of the import process. Please make sure this number is accurate.

• Options

Ive managed to sort it. The updated porter work

Thanks for all your help

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

2.2 is now released with this fix.