Vanilla 2.6 is here
! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2
with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.
Vanilla 2.2.1 now available
Problem upgrading? Start a new discussion for assistance.
This release addresses 2 security issues and should be applied immediately to all forums running version 2.2 or earlier.
Download it now: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core
- Backup your database, .htaccess and conf/config.php file somewhere safe.
- Upload the new release's files so they overwrite the old ones.
- Go to yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update to force any updates needed.
- If it fails, try it a second time by refreshing the page. More troubleshooting tips.
If you are upgrading from any 2.1 version, please note:
- You CANNOT downgrade later (nor is there any reason you ever should). It may result in users being locked out.
- You MUST update your locales.
If you are upgrading from any 2.0 version, add these steps:
- Delete the file /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php
- Delete the file /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php (note the PHP extension, not TPL)
Security Patches in 2.2.1
- Upgrade htmLawed library to 1.1.21 (security fix). Thanks to psych0tr1a for responsibly disclosing this.
- Fix condition where a filename could be echoed back to user (unsanitized output).
Change log for 2.2.1
- Sets email default to text. This is future-proofing for HTML emails being added in 2.3.
- Fix RSS feed when using table layout (thanks to korelstar).
- Fix breadcrumbs when Vanilla is installed in a sub-directory (thanks to korelstar).
- Fix translation bug in Captcha.
- Fix where an error could be thrown on certain 404 pages.
- Fix redirect after deleting an activity.
We recommend against doing partial upgrades. Never modify core files; put your changes in a plugin or theme. Troubleshooting tips.
The 2.2 branch is now in maintenance mode, which means it is only receiving security patches until the release of 2.3.