Vanilla 2.2.1 now available
Problem upgrading? Start a new discussion for assistance.
This release addresses 2 security issues and should be applied immediately to all forums running version 2.2 or earlier.
Download it now: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core
- Backup your database, .htaccess and conf/config.php file somewhere safe.
- Upload the new release's files so they overwrite the old ones.
- Go to yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update to force any updates needed.
- If it fails, try it a second time by refreshing the page. More troubleshooting tips.
If you are upgrading from any 2.1 version, please note:
- You CANNOT downgrade later (nor is there any reason you ever should). It may result in users being locked out.
- You MUST update your locales.
If you are upgrading from any 2.0 version, add these steps:
- Delete the file /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php
- Delete the file /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php (note the PHP extension, not TPL)
Security Patches in 2.2.1
- Upgrade htmLawed library to 1.1.21 (security fix). Thanks to psych0tr1a for responsibly disclosing this.
- Fix condition where a filename could be echoed back to user (unsanitized output).
Change log for 2.2.1
- Sets email default to text. This is future-proofing for HTML emails being added in 2.3.
- Fix RSS feed when using table layout (thanks to korelstar).
- Fix breadcrumbs when Vanilla is installed in a sub-directory (thanks to korelstar).
- Fix translation bug in Captcha.
- Fix where an error could be thrown on certain 404 pages.
- Fix redirect after deleting an activity.
We recommend against doing partial upgrades. Never modify core files; put your changes in a plugin or theme. Troubleshooting tips.
The 2.2 branch is now in maintenance mode, which means it is only receiving security patches until the release of 2.3.