Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Just upgraded all pages not loading going back to index :(

Comments

• @x00 said:

@sz1hosting said:
    And if the mods could update softaculous so it doesn't break the forum? Login softaculous and update that is what needs to be done i don't like doing things manually i like an easy life. Click click done! I know i must sound like a right douche sorry haha

I'm not sure the core team are involved with softaculous. It also depend on whethe the softaculous version has been updated.

Thank for the replies sorry for coming across as a douche.

• no worries man, everyone has a bad day, every now an then.

grep is your friend.

• normal upgrade is not that bad, give it a go. Maybe try it out in a test area.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    normal upgrade is not that bad, give it a go. Maybe try it out in a test area.

Will try tmrw now and report back, super busy today why i got so frustrated silly me.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited December 2016

As Linc said on the other thread, Vanilla have no control over Softaculous, which is why it is not recommended to use that or any auto installer.

It can work smoothly (my very first Vanilla install was done that way) but when it doesn't work you're screwed, basically, as no one here can tell you what has gone wrong, and Softaculous won't care less.

For a major update it really isn't wise to just 'go for it' on a production server. Much better, as x00 suggested, to try it in a development environment first.

One of Vanilla's great strengths is the ability to customise it to suit individual needs, but once that customisation is done, Vanilla developers can have no way of knowing if how the solution was implemented would be broken in an updated version of Vanilla.

• UKguyUKguy
    edited December 2016

Actually vanilla does as i work with people who own cms's and have them listed at softaculous script installer, so please update it contact them like we do don't be lazy please it could help you guys get premium sales for paid vanilla etc. I hope this can be resolved and people stop being so lazy.

edited December 2016

@sz1hosting

Your most recent comment, and others earlier, is starting to look like trolling.

If you can't make polite, sensible contributions then don't say anything, or you will simply be banned.

• Ok sorry for being honest

You weren't being honest, you were being wrong, and rude.

• I try

• whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator
    9:15PM edited 9:16PM
    As Linc said on the other thread, Vanilla have no control over Softaculous

Wrong sorry but your wrong.

• @whu606 It seems like sz1hosting isn't trolling at all, it's more like that it's his personality :)

• @SyntaxError said:
    @whu606 It seems like sz1hosting isn't trolling at all, it's more like that it's his personality :)

Correct i am slightly insane sorry :)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

How do you think your customers would think about their provider if they see that he
    a) has no idea how to carefully work with a live system
    b) has no idea how to act politely
    c) has no idea how to setup a simple forum script
    d) blames others instead of showing responsibility

If I were your customer, I would send prayers that I never need support from you.

• Oh you linked to a post where i couldn't defend myself, that was years ago and i have never ever scammed anyone i have been doing hosting 4+ years now and most the hosts there have closed down etc so i had the last laugh :p

• UKguyUKguy
    edited December 2016

double post.

• @R_J said:
    How do you think your customers would think about their provider if they see that he

If I were your customer, I would send prayers that I never need support from you.

What would you do?

• UKguyUKguy
    edited December 2016

@R_J said:

I am just lazy that is all, i can do it manually for fun i just like an easy life i am sorry if that makes me seem like a bad guy i hope your life is easy.

• you are lazy yet you call others lazy.

grep is your friend.