Official Basic Pages Feedback Thread

This discussion is related to the Basic Pages addon.
1235»

Comments

• Happens to my front page as soon as I enable the plugin. I guess it doesn't work with the latest version of vanilla forums..

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

@jhayes88 said:

I enable the plugin

Have you read the installation instructions? I have experienced no problems.

• @R_J said:

@jhayes88 said:

I enable the plugin

Have you read the installation instructions? I have experienced no problems.

Hey thanks for responding. I actually did install it wrong, but I went back to your instructions and did exactly what it said and still have an issue.

I copied the inner directory to the matching directory in /applications/vanilla/ and it forced my forums into discussion mode. I went into my dashboard and tried to change the setting back to category mode and hit save. According to dashboard, it was in category mode, but the forums were still in discussion mode. There's something hard coded in one of the files you included to force it into discussion mode. Thankfully I made a backup of the files before I did this so I could revert back.

If you know what file I should check in to keep it from forcing into discussion mode, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks

• jhayes88jhayes88 New
    edited December 2018

I think the wording of the installation instructions had me a little confused. As of now I still can't get the plugin to work. It just breaks my website.

In the instructions it says "Clone the repository into the applications directory of Vanilla ". There is no applications directory in the vanilla directory.
    Then it says "and be sure to double check that new directory is named basicpages.". Where is the folder named basicpages supposed to go? It's not very clear. And yeah English is my first language. I just don't understand it.

• jhayes88jhayes88 New
    edited December 2018

And even after removing my files in that directory and re-installing my backup files, my website is still broken now. :XXXXXX

Well, I'm doing a full website removal/restore now to see if that helps.

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

Well, the forum is called "Vanilla", so Vanillas application folder is the /applictions folder.
    In your forums root folder you have mainly

/applications
    /cache
    /conf
    /plugins
    /themes
    /uploads

You need to unzip/clone the file inside the /applications folder so that you have /applications/basicpages

Shadowdare
  • @R_J said:
    Well, the forum is called "Vanilla", so Vanillas application folder is the /applictions folder.
    In your forums root folder you have mainly

/applications
    /cache
    /conf
    /plugins
    /themes
    /uploads

You need to unzip/clone the file inside the /applications folder so that you have /applications/basicpages

OUTSTANDING :D :D :D

I got it working. That clears up a lot lol. Thank you so much!

R_J
1235»