HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 3.3 is now available

Comments

• initvectorinitvector Vanilla Staff

@masioramaweb @R_J

I believe these issues were due to extracting the archive directly into the site root. The current v3.3 archive contains one root-level directory called package. If you extract the archive directly into your site root, you'll only have a new directory called package. You'll need to use the contents of the package directory to overwrite your existing files. The package directory contains dist and all its necessary JavaScript files.

I'll be taking a look at our release build process, this week. We may revisit the inclusion of this "package" directory.

• @initvector Here are the steps how I did it-

1. downloaded the 3.3 zip file.
    2. extracted the downloaded file on my computer.
    3. uploaded all the files from the "package directory" on the server, I didn't upload the "package directory", just uploaded the files inside the directory.

And still getting the errors, but the forum is working fine till now and I haven't noticed any problem yet.

HTH

• initvectorinitvector Vanilla Staff

@testing3 Sorry. You definitely have a different issue. They're both technically frontend errors, but yours is an issue with the code versus missing files. We'll take a look!

• @initvector These are the files in my "dist" directory-

HTH

Kind Regards

• CirphrankCirphrank Benin New
    edited November 2019

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.

Please check back in a little while.

That's what I ended up with after trying an upgrade via softaculous. So far, from observations, this 3.3 is totally unstable for the now at least.

• neptronixneptronix Utah New
    edited November 2019

Vanilla really needs a php extension checker in the installer. This has tripped me up multiple times now.

ps.. i'm noticing that the text entry box, as shown here.. eats a hell of a lot of cpu while typing on firefox.

However, congrats on the new release. I'm happy to see the project moving at the pace it is moving at! I'd like to move my huge forum over to vanilla next year at this rate, as i imagine the majority of the rich text editor bugs will all be sorted out by then.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Well, clearly not for everyone. My site upgraded fine, once I added the intl.php extension.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Usually I unzip that file into my uploads folder and copy all files to my root.

When I grep for "subcommunity-chooser" (in the freshly unzipped 3.3 package folder) I get one hit in library/SmartyPlugins/function.community_chooser.php, but nowhere else.

The community_chooser is used in Keystones default.master.tpl:

{community_chooser buttonType='titleBarLink' buttonClass='Header-desktopCommunityChooser'} which results in some useless HTML even if that functionality is non-existent.

I really think that there is a react component referenced that is missing.

But I think that master template should be changed to include the code only if the functionality is available.

• How do you add the intl.php extension and was that the error you got prior to the addition?

@Cirphrank

Your first step would be to get a detailed error message in place of 'Something has gone wrong'. See here: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/219669/#Comment_219669

If you get the same error as here: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/37690/updating-to-3-3-fatal-error-class-locale-not-found-resolved#latest

then you need to add intl.php

I self host, so just added the extension. If you are using Softaculous, then I guess you would need to ask your host to do it for you.

If it is NOT the same error, search for the error terms on here, and if you don't find anything, start a new discussion and give details.

• pitkmipitkmi scifi-meshes.com
    edited November 2019

Looks like I ran into a fatal error when running /utility/update too.

I did install php-intl before the update like some people mentioned, but this is obviously something different. Installation is old enough (started on 2.3, I think) to have used Tagging as a plugin before it got integrated in the Core, so I'm guessing that might be the source of the conflict. No idea on how to start fixing it though. 😕

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention. Updating from 3.2

Well, disabling the stand alone tagging plugin, and removing it from your install would be a start, I'd guess.

edited November 2019

Already done it back in 2.6, I think.

Ok, it seems I got it working by dropping the Plugins.Tagging.Add column in GDN_Permission. Still kinda curious why it decided to break now, since tagging moved to core somewhere around 2.5 - 2.6.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Look at your database and at the table GDN_Permission. Delete the column Plugins.Tagging.Add

Make sure the permissions are sti correct for the tagging feature afterwards

Yeah, that did the trick.

• TheSageTheSage New
    edited November 2019

Howdy,

I just installed 3.3, I have an empty forum and it's working. I have tried to import a Vanilla 2.1.8 sql database via MYPHPAdmin and I am getting this error...

https://bgm.vwsage.com/ <---Squeaky new site

Any thoughts why I am getting a format error?

edited November 2019

@TheSage

Welcome to the community.

Are you trying to import the old DB into the current DB?

If so, I don't think that's the right way to go.

If your old DB is available on the server, simply change the parameters in the conf.php to point to it.

After this you would probably need to run:

yourforum/utility/update

and

yourforum/utility/structure