HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2021.012 is now available

Comments

• Options

I too have just faced this issue with blank pages in both forum and panel. Through CSSEdit I could set the body visible again for the forum but not the panel so I've ended up setting the body visible in admin.css and style-compat.css.

How'd you fix it?

• Options

I haven't yet, @faumfaum - preferred to just wait and see if a future release resolves it. I'm quite happy sticking with the older installation until these new builds are a bit more stable.

• Options
    MrCaspanMrCaspan
    edited August 2021

@slon I believe I figured out the issue with the site showing but showing no content. Let me know if you are still having this issue. If you are having the issue that the Admin can see everything but other users cannot see anything

Go look at my last post here

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/38722/vanilla-2021-009-no-categories-found

• Options

So I am facing the same CSS visability:hidden issue on the body as well. I was using my own template that used the boiler plate and I tried changing to any of the other themes with no luck. I have to navigate each page and use the inspector to remove the style form the body tag.

Any ideas why there would even be a visability:hidden CSS on a body tag? I can override it using CSSEdit of course but would like to find the root cause of this. Any ideas where to start looking?

• Options

So I have found to offending CSS files

Line 1235  of /applications/dashboard/design/navbar.css
    Line 980   of /applications/dashboard/design/style-compat.css
    Line 11637 of /applications/dashboard/design/admin.css

If you change each one of those lines to visibility: visible it will fix the issue on the frontend and on the back end in the mobile version

The question is why do these "visibility: hidden" exist there, is there a reason for it? And when I do a fresh install there are no issues with visibility only when I upgrade form 3.3

• Options

Just as an FYI when I change themes they all seem broken and I get this error in my php error log and I get stuck in a broken Theme that I cant change out of.

[11-Aug-2021 01:02:58 UTC] PHP Warning:  Duplicate addon: keystone in /home/www/dev.site.com/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php on line 405
    [11-Aug-2021 01:02:58 UTC] PHP Warning:  Duplicate addon: theme-boilerplate in /home/www/dev.site.com/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php on line 405
    [11-Aug-2021 01:02:59 UTC] PHP Warning:  Duplicate addon: keystone in /home/www/dev.site.com/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php on line 405
    [11-Aug-2021 01:02:59 UTC] PHP Warning:  Duplicate addon: theme-boilerplate in /home/www/dev.site.com/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php on line 405

• Options
    edited August 2021

also i tried fresh install with docker and got the error i reported here already. is there a known workaround?

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/11088

thank you for your help

• Options

I made some corrective actions directly in DB so it seems pretty stable... for now

@MrCaspan thanks for all the effort!

• Options

@slon I would double check that your DB is returning INT values properly just to fix any unknown issues later.

• Options
    edited August 2021

So the upgrade guide is now only available if you are a paying customer?

https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/articles/158-upgrading

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Actually not, just thought I saw content due to being logged in.

Tested without, still see content

• Options

I want to start a new project, but Vanilla is still in beta. Release 4.0 possible in autumn 2021?

• Options

@Patrick_Jefferson what's your question about the 2021.012 update?

• Options

As far as I understand this is a topic about all releases. I'm just interested in when approximately 4.0 will be released. Sorry if I offended you, I i`m studying english now.

• Options

This discussion is about the 2021.012 release and any issues with it. You might want to start your own discussion to ask this question.

• Options

Ok)

• Options

My bad, for some reason chrome was throwing up on that particular page for me. Good from other browsers,

• Options

Why is 2021.012 available just now but looking at releases it seems that 2021.015 is release to enterprise customers

Is there a reason why the public release is behind these other releases?

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Perhaps due to hot- /bugfixes.

2021.016 have released too